• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Just tried Vegemite and Marmite

U

USA_Rugby

I had to order them off the inernet, as I'm in the USA. Suprisingly, even though I'm an American, I actually liked them both!

I liked the Vegemite more though, because it was a bit sweet. Yum.

lol classic.

i like marmite alot better than vegemite. vegemite when you spread it looks like... well you know what it looks like :D

marmite is awesome considering its just the useless yeast waste from the bottom of beer barrels. but it appears the plot thickens... guys from the southern hemisphere have a different marmite. shock horror :eek:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marmite

thanks wikipedia

Forget about vegemite or marmite...long live PROMITE!

I love my Vegemite on toast, but as they say, a change is as good as a holiday, so I've been enjoying Promite lately. Good stuff.

Yeah Marmite is a winner for me. I only have it on toast, but I put a **** LOAD of butter on to balance it out a bit.

Marmite is terrible, a thin spread of Vegemite on a hot buttered toast is what dreams are made of....

Exactly Brodizzle.

Has anyone tried it with cheese? Terrific with Promite. Heavenly with Vegemite.

MELON!!

NEVER MENTION THAT VILE â€" PROMITE

That stuff is junk at its best, I would rather eat dog from asia

Vegemite on the other hand is great

Vegemite on cheese is good variety

Otherwise just chuck it on bread, toasted or not……….dont go overboard…..its all about balance, and prolly why a lot of foreign people don’t like it, as they pack it on thinking its like peanut butter

Long live vegemite, for breakfast lunch n tea

http://www.vegemite.com.au/vegemite/page?PagecRef=1

STUFF CHAMPIONS ARE MADE OF!!!!!

I agree with what you say about piling it on!...We billeted a bloke from the US on a rugby tour a few years back and we introduced him to Vegemite. He put it on like nutella or peanut butter. It was crazy. Dad and I noticed him doing it, but decided to say nothing just to see his reaction...needless to say, he hated it. We talked him into having another piece except with far less, and with cheese. He enjoyed it then.

Vegemite scrolls are a favourite of mine from Bakers Delight/Brumbies and other bakeries.

Marmite on toast is the best thing to eat when you have a hang over.
Have some biltong on the side with it, and you're set for a full recovery

Vegemite is dirt in comparison to the original. Marmite a slice of bread up, slice some mature cheddar, whack it under the grill and you end up with an unbeatable snack.

Forget about vegemite or marmite...long live PROMITE!

I love my Vegemite on toast, but as they say, a change is as good as a holiday, so I've been enjoying Promite lately. Good stuff.

[/b]

Ill say it once PROMITE IS DISGUSTING! its not even made out of yeast some horribly veggie extract.

You should not deviate from the one true spread on toast (sandwiches too amongst others)

vegemite455.jpg

Marmite is terrible, a thin spread of Vegemite on a hot buttered toast is what dreams are made of.... [/b]

The one that sanitarium makes is not bad but i have being inform by a pommy friend of mine that they are two different things.Should track down the real stuff.

However hot toast+butter+vegemite=heaven

Exactly Brodizzle.

Has anyone tried it with cheese? Terrific with Promite. Heavenly with Vegemite.
[/b]

Vegemite and cheese is wonderful none of the plastic shite you can get it in squares pre-cut made by bega or coon (and no its the last name of the guy who invented it not a racial slur).

MELON!!

NEVER MENTION THAT VILE â€" PROMITE

That stuff is junk at its best, I would rather eat dog from asia

Vegemite on the other hand is great

Vegemite on cheese is good variety

Otherwise just chuck it on bread, toasted or not……….dont go overboard…..its all about balance, and prolly why a lot of foreign people don't like it, as they pack it on thinking its like peanut butter

Long live vegemite, for breakfast lunch n tea

http://www.vegemite.com.au/vegemite/page?PagecRef=1

STUFF CHAMPIONS ARE MADE OF!!!!!
[/b]

Damn straight well played........your right many foreigners slather it on like its peanut butter when all aussies know that you have to be careful of how much vegemite you put on.

I agree with what you say about piling it on!...We billeted a bloke from the US on a rugby tour a few years back and we introduced him to Vegemite. He put it on like nutella or peanut butter. It was crazy. Dad and I noticed him doing it, but decided to say nothing just to see his reaction...needless to say, he hated it. We talked him into having another piece except with far less, and with cheese. He enjoyed it then.

Vegemite scrolls are a favourite of mine from Bakers Delight/Brumbies and other bakeries. [/b]

Bahaha he got suckered in. :lol:

MMMMMMM vegemite scrolls they are the best *drools*

Vegemite is dirt in comparison to the original.
[/b]

Bullshit. :toss:

Only tried Vegemite and Marmite. Was huge on Marmite until about 15 when I tried some Vegemite for the second time ever. Much better in Round 2 and never went back to Marmite.

I present: VEGEMITE SCROLLS! (Mine and redunderthebed's personal favourite)

CheesyVegemiteScrolls.jpg
[/b]

My mum makes amazing versions of those. Using Marmite though, seeing as it's quite clearly superior. I knew there was something I wanted sending from home...

<div class='quotemain'> I present: VEGEMITE SCROLLS! (Mine and redunderthebed's personal favourite)

CheesyVegemiteScrolls.jpg
[/b]

All this talking about them makes me want to get some tomorrow. :)
[/b][/quote]
I certainly am. I'll pick up an apple danish lattice and custard scroll as well.

I just remembered the name of them at Baker's Delight...Cheesymite Scroll!!!

Only 10 more hours...

Ok, so i've just had a hard training session, i'm starving, my chicken's on the boil and you know what?

This is all still utterly vile!

How can any of you like ANY of this stuff.
For shame on you...ALL OF YOU!

Ok, so i've just had a hard training session, i'm starving, my chicken's on the boil and you know what?

This is all still utterly vile!

How can any of you like ANY of this stuff.
For shame on you...ALL OF YOU!
[/b]
As a young child I would have agreed with you....but the thing about Vegemite in particular is that creating the perfect Vegemite sandwich/on toast/with cheese on toast is an artform. Yet once you learn the art of spreading the Vegemite to a perfect consistancy on par with your tolerance for the stuff it will make you come to one conclusion...it is truely the food of the manliest of men....

Manliest men you say?
Hmmm...

*Goes out and purchases a year's supply of Marmite and Vegemite...2 jars! Boom Boom!*

Latest posts