• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Kelleher: S14 is poor, NH better

E

erwanseb

He also identifies the key difference between the seasons in the two hemispheres. “Southern hemisphere rugby is a hundred-metre sprint, whereas northern hemisphere rugby, especially in France, is a marathon. The skill levels and execution have been poor in the Super 14 this season. Quite clearly, northern hemisphere teams have been playing much better rugby.â€

Times

Piri Weepu > Byron Kelleher

Southern Hemisphere Rugby > Northern Hemisphere Rugby but getting better because of all the players that are getting mugged from the down under

I lost all respect for Kelleher when he left Otago, he can get stuffed as far as I'm concerned...

orly-33775.jpg

Have you heard of this player called Michael Jordan? Hes a rookie playing for the bulls and everyone is hyping him up to be the greatest nba player of all time. I think hes good, but im not to sure hes good enough to take the bulls to the playoffs. Only time will tell.....

OK yeah I'm not going to say anything more than that's now 2 All Black scrum halves who've come North and said it's better.

We may not have it loc'd down internationally but our club sides are sick.

You guys just couldn't leave it alone, could you...

...I'd be careful all you folk in the SH, you might hear the sound of the RFU's black helicopters....

Oh whoopie...

Originally posted by Childish Members
[blink]NoooooOOOOOOOOOooooooooo.... YUO R WRONG!!!1!!!1!!!

MY <strike>COCK</strike> HEMISPHERE IS BIGGAH AND BETTAH THEN YOURS!!!1!!!1!!1!!ONE!11!
[/blink]

Yawn.

You guys just couldn't leave it alone, could you...

...I'd be careful all you folk in the SH, you might hear the sound of the RFU's black helicopters.... [/b]

Is Kellehar an All Black great as well?

<div class='quotemain'> You guys just couldn't leave it alone, could you...

...I'd be careful all you folk in the SH, you might hear the sound of the RFU's black helicopters.... [/b]

Is Kellehar an All Black great as well?
[/b][/quote]

I don't know, I didn't start the thread.

Maybe this question is better directed at the guy who started the thread? Maybe you could just agree with me in saying that this thread shouldn't have been started at all?

You guys can not seriously believe that clubs who actually have to buy "has-been" players to compete, have a serious chance against the likes of the Crusaders or Chiefs or Sharks?

I think most people with even a limited degree of rugby knowledge can see that the S14 teams are better, but that the heineken cup is a better competition.
Can you honestly say that many of those clubs would compete with a realistic chance of winning without all their imports? I think not.

The quality of the play in a Nations domestic scene is a very good indicator of the strength of the National team and vise versa, and given the rather poor record from Europe in the test department over the past four years, it's clear that the play at domestic level is not as good as other domestic competitions(ie super 14).
In the Heineken Cup, English, French etc players are losing out to foreigners that can't even be selected for the national team thus further reducing the depth of talent in Europe.
George Gregan has said (admittefly from a 2nd division Toulon point of view) that the play is much slower and less skillful than in S14, but also that the S14 was an inferior competition.

From any angle it just looks like past international no.9's want to be in the paper and that the top 4 S14 teams would likely sh*t all over the top 4 HEC teams from a great height :D

Let the fiery rebuttals begin

Na, I'll just say you're wrong and run away before I'm crushed by 20 responses telling me how I'M wrong. Then we'll get some NH'ers who'll come and tell you guys that you're wrong!
/circle of life.

Latest posts