• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Kids?

Dai Perk

Bench Player
Country Flag
United States
Club or Nation
Scotland
I've been meaning to ask - what's with the players going out on the pitch with little kids at the beginnings of games? Not objecting, just curious. They don't seem to be the children of the players, or at least not all the time - how does a kid get to do that?

Cheers!

Each club is different, but often sweepstake winners from local clubs, or the kids of season-ticket holders, winners of competitions, that sort of thing

Ah, makes sense. I always find it jarring for some reason, but I guess it's kinda sweet.

I've been meaning to ask - what's with the players going out on the pitch with little kids at the beginnings of games? Not objecting, just curious. They don't seem to be the children of the players, or at least not all the time - how does a kid get to do that?

Cheers!

In South Africa the kids are usually part of the Reach for a Dream foundation where they either terminally ill, orphaned or disabled and it's part of the foundation's agreement with SARU.

On occasion it has been the player's own kids, especially when they reach a milestone, or are about to retire.

Then we also have occasions when they win the opportunity as part of a school/district event.

Latest posts