• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Kiwi firm turns Jackass into video game

Originally posted by CeeJay@May 23 2006, 10:58 AM
I just got banned for mentioning it with regards to RL3 over at the sidhe forums.
you get banned for having the words rl2 and sucks in the same sentance

Yes we are all saying it will be s$#t house and they should concerntrate on there current projects but i bet we all go out and either buy it or hire it to try

Originally posted by Candyman@May 23 2006, 12:07 PM
Yes we are all saying it will be s$#t house and they should concerntrate on there current projects but i bet we all go out and either buy it or hire it to try
We all will go out and try it? Jackass is liked by a lot of people, but a lot of other people think it's average or maybe even had it's day.

As for Sidhe, they are company that promised an awesome game in RL2, and it turned out to be slightly worse than an average game, and it came out three months after they estimated. With Gripshift they made a decent effort for once, but as for Melbourne Cup Challenge, they said they'd release it about 7 months ago. It's still not out!

The people who have complained about Sidhe most on this forum are let-down consumers who've actually bought there games like myself. I paid $99 for a game I only played about 20 times (RL2), 19 of those times I was hoping it'd get better. It didn't. I didn't enjoy sitting through that experience, and I never wanted to hate Sidhe's effort. I just did.

I really hope I've earned or paid for the right to ***** a little about Sidhe.

I hope they redeem themselves as games developers with Jackass, I really do. Of course they'll never redeem themselves with me untill I get a very playable RL3. I've already paid down $99 towards it's development, which may very well go into Jackass.

I personally think that whether they were asked to work on it or not, Mario has made a very fitting choice, if not for his company, then for himself.

yeah fair enough call i guess. lots of people got burnt by rl2 and so therefore any other game by sidhe will be considered more heavily before actually buying it.

as for melbourn cup challenge I really don't know what is happening with that game. the original release estimate was for around the melbourn cup last year then due to licesnes being added it got pushed back another few months. the HES/sidhe relationship in this game seems to have come to the fore again with HES not allowing sidhe to release information about the game. hopefully for sidhe's sake it does turn out to be good.

as for jackass well some people proabbly won't like it as they don't like the show. others may not even look at it due to their experince of rl 2.
this is a big risk for sidhe as it goes against what they have been doing recently and if it goes wrong they may not get another big contract.

I am maintaining pesimistic view

Anything from this Mob, will be late and underwhelming

Dont take the bait they feed ya...........this wise fish been hooked to many times

Besides Jackass the video game?? c'mon man.........seriously they would make a game based on Oprah Winfrey.

Any contract they are offered - they take, regardless if they think they can do the job.........$$ is talking more than anything else.

In fact half the reason they are NOW well known within the industry is becuase they make niche games, and convert them to attract the masses - which in a sense takes away from the niche demographic, that want it as realistic as possible

There are no falls or enquiries on MCC/FDR - Frankly put by the MD himself "Our budget does not cater for falls/enquiries"......well then, the online mode promised to make this game better than the other horse ***les - is now full of illegal riding, where any online cheat will block you for a run all the way down the straight.

Bottom line if u are going make an online game - u gotto iron out all the holes to make the online fully embrace its potential.......any cheating is never condoned, and in fact, when it exists and is possible the game is never played online again.

I guess the subject matter isn't really my thing. I must say though, it'd have to come fairly hotly recommended by some very credible sources for me to try it.

If an RL3 comes out, I'll give them another chance, I mean look at the big improvement between Rugby 2004 and Rugby 2005, then the medium sized improvement in '06.

At the end of the day, I'll give them a chance again with the third ***le, but I kind of resented being told that I was being negative by Mario for just trying lower expectations in the lead up to RL2. There was far too much hype.

I know they never meant to make a poor to average game, but they had reviews out (which look fixed now) saying it was a 9/10 game for goodness sake!

I don't know what you guys do but i always go and hire a game to test it out before i buy it as that way your not wasting your $99 for a s$#t house game your only wasting $5

Originally posted by Candyman@May 23 2006, 02:55 PM
I don't know what you guys do but i always go and hire a game to test it out before i buy it as that way your not wasting your $99 for a s$#t house game your only wasting $5

Ohhhh, go mow your moustache!!!

Originally posted by Candyman@May 23 2006, 02:55 PM
When it comes to Horse Racing an Rugby I buy it anyways

I love the sports so much i can even have a little fun no matter how crap it is

Especially horse racing

However when u have EARugby06 going around u cant help think what RL2 has missed.

Most horse racing games are very good at what they do, and all offer a different aspect of horse racing, so u can buy them all to get what you wantr - most horse racing games are cheap aswell

In Sidhe's case they have aussie tracks - so i am buying no matter what - racing randwick/warwick farm and Moonee Valley is a dream come true for me.

Mooney Valley was in Gallop Racer2, and racing the Cox Plate with the very short straight made for some hair raising moves @ the 800m mark making ur way around the OUTSIDE OF THE PACK, as you round a bend - DO YOU HAVE ENOUGH STAMINA TO DO THIS..........voice always racing thru your head!!! :D

But I will always critisise their PR crap, and timeframes of release - I have no time for people that keep u in the dark, when in the end, ur going to credit them with $$ :rahh:

Originally posted by C A Iversen+May 23 2006, 02:58 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Candyman
@May 23 2006, 02:55 PM

Ohhhh, go mow your moustache!!! [/b]
Oh come on don't be like that smoochy boochy

Originally posted by Candyman+May 23 2006, 03:08 PM-->
Originally posted by C A Iversen@May 23 2006, 02:58 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Candyman

Oh come on don't be like that smoochy boochy [/b]

First you say you don't want people to know your tendancies online and then there you go......jumping out of the closet again, in nothing but your rainbow suspender belt attached to your garters. :ph34r: :blink:

Just remember, if you want to hang out with hetros, you have to play like one.

Leave your gimp mask for when your on that other site you visit! :ph34r:

Originally posted by C A Iversen+May 23 2006, 03:20 PM-->
Originally posted by Candyman@May 23 2006, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by C A Iversen@May 23 2006, 02:58 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Candyman

Oh come on don't be like that smoochy boochy

First you say you don't want people to know your tendancies online and then there you go......jumping out of the closet again, in nothing but your rainbow suspender belt attached to your garters. :ph34r: :blink:

Just remember, if you want to hang out with hetros, you have to play like one.

Leave your gimp mask for when your on that other site you visit! :ph34r: [/b]
Ok sorry it will not happen again :unsure:

A bit off topic but, if u want a good laugh go to the off topic section of the sidhe forums, and read the raps about the sidhe forums. Yes rap! a couple of guys hav busted out some rather tragic rymes!!

Originally posted by CeeJay@May 23 2006, 05:32 PM
A bit off topic but, if u want a good laugh go to the off topic section of the sidhe forums, and read the raps about the sidhe forums. Yes rap! a couple of guys hav busted out some rather tragic rymes!!

I laughed just reading that. Right, I'm off to have a look......

Latest posts