• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Kiwis name SBW in World cup squad

D

dway-nos

New Zealand has selected Sonny Bill Williams in a preliminary 49-man squad for this year's rugby league World Cup.

It says he has been named pending court proceedings in Sydney.

The optimistic decision comes after Williams revealed his ambitions to play for the All Blacks.

The National Rugby League will continue court action against Williams today, seeking an injunction to stop him from playing rugby union in breach of his five-year contract with the Bulldogs.

Williams is planning to make his debut for French rugby side Toulon tomorrow morning Australian time.

I doubt Sonny Bill is going to turn up in Australia with the NRL wanting to send him to jail, and all that...

:lol: This is funny.

And what? He's making his debut tomorrow? Pretty quick considering he's never played union before (or has he?) and only been in camp for a few days.

The guy got a yellow card on debut lol... so looks like he wont be playing for the kiwi's... but we all knew that lol

Wouldn't be surprised if he did play as some kind of agreement to let him out of his Bulldogs contract.

apparently sbw has signed a 2.5 mil contract with toulin - minus the 1 mil which has brought him out of his contract with the bulldogs.. looks like to rugby league world cup

I think England are better than the Kiwis with or without the world's most overhyped player.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Oct 9 2008, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think England are better than the Kiwis with or without the world's most overhyped player.[/b]
Ermm I thought Folau/*insert any terrific young NRL player* was the worlds most overhyped player?

I do agree with you though that England is better than NZ...well slightly. You shouldn't have picked Keith Senior. From the limited coverage I've seen in the past 2 seasons of the ESL, it seems he is playing quite average?

We have a bit of a shortage at centre at the moment. Besides, the Aussies are a bit worried about Senior, he always seems to cause them problems.

Brent Webb is the most overrated player in the world. He is a great attacking full back, but his defending is in excess of abysmal. At least Billy Slater can tackle one on one.

i still think were more than able to win this competition.

i know Danny boy will right us off because of the tour last year but this side is alot different.

Coached by Kerney & Bennett... with alot of players who were out last year...

i expect the kiwis to atleast make the final... we seem to have some kind of spell over GB/Eng. they seem to do well against australia but trip up against us in competitions.

im looking forward to seeing Benji letting 'The Beast' loose.... also Keith Senior V Steve Matai... i remember in the Tri-nations in wellington they had a massive scrap...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Oct 12 2008, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You have got a spell over us? We drubbed you 3-0![/b]

That was one time... with us fielding a pathetic, out of shape team. I remember (in 2006 I think) you beat the 'Roos in Sydney and then lost to us a week after, think thats what he means.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Oct 13 2008, 12:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Playing New Zealand holds no fear for me whatsoever.[/b]

Fair enough, I certainly wouldn't be worried either. However, I do think we have a better team than you think. We have absolutely no chance against Australia obviously, but neither does England to be honest.

Australia aren't invincible. They're the best team but they aren't invincible.