• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Knocked out? Still watching? Supporting anyone?

Umaga's Witness

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Hurricanes
For those fans whose teams have been knocked out, are you still watching? And if so, are you just watching as a neutral, or do you have second teams still in that you'd normally support anyway, or are you choosing to adopt a new team to support, or maybe you've got a ranking for who you want to win of the remaining teams? And, whichever it is, why?

So after the poor Welsh performance today, with heavy heart I'm gonna have to throw my support behind the Frenc... what we won! Still Wales then for me then... I'd imagine with our flashy-almost Wales of the 70's era play-style, most posters whose team is already out will be with me. :p

The more the merrier here for the honorary boyos out there!

Any Tier2, then any smaller nation (including ABs) then anyone who is prepared to play attacking rugby and/or are underdogs due to an inferior pack. If Japan are eliminated I'll be rooting for the ABs while predicting England.

My France is out. But i'll be watching and staying neutral.

I am still watching, every game.
I don't support anyone. I might have a slight inclination towards underdogs but that has to do with me wanting to see an even game.

I'd feel like as if i was cheating if i supported another team.

In theory at least:

1) New winners
2) Northern Hemisphere
3) Not the All Blacks (cause 3 in a row is boring, not ca8se I hate them)

However, that leaves me with Wales and I can't bring myself to support them despite @bushytop being sound, so hate as I do to say it, I'm rooting for England. I'd be able to take a Springbok win as well though.

In theory at least:

1) New winners
2) Northern Hemisphere

However, that leaves me with Wales and I can't bring myself to support them despite @bushytop being sound, so hate as I do to say it, I'm rooting for England. I'd be able to take a Springbok win as well though.
Kills me to hear that Leinster... after the way they treated your boys this year on two occasions. I ain't dumping you... but I think we need some time apart ;)!

I imagine the Boks will acquire a few neutrals

No one likes England/New Zealand and Wales won't exactly have enamored people with their play style this tournament

I would support NZ except they've won it the last 2 times. At least if they win it again it'll be won by the team playing the most attractive rugby.

The Boks are the opposite. Kick, chase, bosh. It would be bad for rugby to see them win it imo. Although I wouldn't begrudge them.

Kills me to hear that Leinster... after the way they treated your boys this year on two occasions. I ain't dumping you... but I think we need some time apart ;)!
You guys weren't too nice to us either back in March either now.

If we were to lose next weekend, finishing third while NZ beat everyone would be pretty respectable. So I'd go for that.

Not really much to cheer for though.

In theory at least:

1) New winners
2) Northern Hemisphere

Boooo you!

For me:
1. New Zealand, the only team as good as us in 2018 and they've improved so much. If NZ win at least there'll be no "what if we hadn't screwed the pooch the last 9 months" because I honestly don't think there's the talent in the country (fit talent anyway) to beat them regardless of form. And I'll win 50 bean.
2. SA, they're far away.
3. England, it's happened before, can't be too bad.
4. Wales, I fear the unknown.

I don't think we'll see a surprise in the three remaining tests anyway.

For those Irish uncertain on who to support, I would just like to point out that if the Springboks win the World Cup, there will at least be one Irishman that will receive a winners medal...

Latest posts