Knox blasts Kidney appointment

Discussion in 'International Test Matches' started by shazbooger, May 13, 2008.

1. shazbooger

shazbooger Guest

Brewing up quite a storm over here. Cheka has pretty much said its nothing but a rant from an "x-employee", but some of what he says makes sense to be honest. A slightly bitter parting shot at Irish rugby. In my opinion though its only making the headlines because it hits close to home.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. O'Rothlain

O'Rothlain Guest

Sounds like someone needed some attention...

4. Macsen

Macsen Guest

Forget Irish rugby, what about the Irish press? They choose bland headlines over obvious 'You must be Kidneying me!' and 'He's Knoxing some heads together!' puns. They sure have a thing or two to learn from Fleet Street's finest.

5. shtove

shtove Guest

Fair amount of truth in what he's saying, but I just don't get the criticism of ROG. And Munster have moved on, although I fear it won't be far enough to take the HEC.

Worried that Carney hasn't made an impact for Munster, Howlett hasn't scored much, and Tipoki and Mafi are chaos merchants - defence breakers for both sides! So Knox may be right about Kidney, but we'll have to see.

I sympathise with the notion of Irish paranoia - the sow that eats its own farrow - and the need for an outsider. But what's really needed is the right guy at the right time. Set your clock ... for November.

6. MunsterMan

MunsterMan Guest

I agree with that. Carney has the attributes of a great winger but gets no ball and when he does it's because it's a last resort. I love the Mafi/Tipoki Partnership but It would be nice to see a passer play 12. Wouldn't mind seeing ROG play there in the ML once or twice. Still Knox may be bitter but he would be taken more seriously if he didn't goo on the attack instead of just making the points.

7. brmcgrat

brmcgrat Guest

Kidney has made Munster European champions twice. I agree there might have been a case for a foreign coach
    with a fresh approach. But Kidney is definitely not a bad appointment. Remember Staunton as our soccer
    manager. The man had never managed before. At least Kidney is an experienced and successful coach.
    Nobody can knock him for wanting the job, and nobody can say he doesn't deserve it.

Knox does sound very bitter. Its a pity. I wonder how much he's damaged his relationship with some of the people he has worked with at Leinster.

8. shazbooger

shazbooger Guest

Leinster let him go, so obviously the relationship wasnt the best before hand.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!