• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

L.Masaga

T

tommowins

Why isn't Masaga being selected for the All Black squad? I personally think he is much much better than Rudi Wulf or Tuituvake. At least in the squad so he can get a feel for it. Last Super 14 season he played awsome and he is playing well so far this season.

Your thoughts?

In my opinion it was just down to being unlucky that he wasn't selected for the All Blacks. You could also say that Wulf and Tuituvake can play more positions than Masaga.

Yeah but then Masaga is awesome (had a great game tonight). i don't think the AB's will put Wulf in any other position than wing, i think Masagas better than him though Wulf is a safe option and i don't think they will use Tuituvake in the centers (perhaps 2nd 5) when we have C.Smith and Kahui (and Laulala). Hosea gear got the nod last year because he was the best winger in the ANZCup.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (candybum @ Mar 6 2009, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yeah but then Masaga is awesome (had a great game tonight). i don't think the AB's will put Wulf in any other position than wing, i think Masagas better than him though Wulf is a safe option and i don't think they will use Tuituvake in the centers (perhaps 2nd 5) when we have C.Smith and Kahui (and Laulala). Hosea gear got the nod last year because he was the best winger in the ANZCup.[/b]

you've also got Nonu who can play both centre positions

Wulf would always be at the botom of my list. Masaqa plays well with the ball in hand and is dangerous in open play. He takes the right options and is always putting pressure on the opposition. I just like his style of play.

As a winger i think Masaga is better than both of them, albeit Tuitavake is an all-round better player. I don't know why you're bothering with Wulf.

The problem for Masaga is that he'll never get selected after the AirNZ cup simply because he plays for a bad team. Effectively, he gets one shot at selection a year, in June, most other players get two shots.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tommowins @ Mar 7 2009, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Why isn't Masaga being selected for the All Black squad? I personally think he is much much better than Rudi Wulf or Tuituvake. At least in the squad so he can get a feel for it. Last Super 14 season he played awsome and he is playing well so far this season.

Your thoughts?[/b]
His defence.

It's actually improved from last year's S14, during he ANZ Cup he was pretty good, and so far this year he's been good, and his high ball skills are much better too.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ChiefsFan @ Mar 8 2009, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It's actually improved from last year's S14, during he ANZ Cup he was pretty good, and so far this year he's been good, and his high ball skills are much better too.[/b]
I think JP Pietersen showed him he still has a long way to go before he can be considered AB material

Masaga is a great player but there is to much talent around wid wingers i mean theres sivivatu, rococko, gear. and kahui and tuitivake can play wing too. just to much talent :(

Well I wouldn't really rate Tuitivake over Masaga at wing. And I reckon Gear is about the same.

Masaga is awesome with the ball in hand! Takes some stopping, If he can sort out the defence he would be first choice surely?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jimbook @ Mar 12 2009, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Masaga is a great player but there is to much talent around wid wingers i mean theres sivivatu, rococko, gear. and kahui and tuitivake can play wing too. just to much talent :([/b]

My deepest sympathies, I hope you can overcome this terrible problem!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Mar 16 2009, 12:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Masaga is awesome with the ball in hand! Takes some stopping, If he can sort out the defence he would be first choice surely?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jimbook @ Mar 12 2009, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Masaga is a great player but there is to much talent around wid wingers i mean theres sivivatu, rococko, gear. and kahui and tuitivake can play wing too. just to much talent :([/b]

My deepest sympathies, I hope you can overcome this terrible problem!
[/b][/quote]

Some clubs like Munster do try and help us with that problem. :)

Just kidding around. :) Munster's my favourite NH club. So no problem with them injecting some SH steroids (jk) , lol!