• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lads I'm far too shook to think of anything! Guinness Pro 14 - R.15

Wasn't a tactic. DW just had awful night. Keatley was poor but well I think it was noticeable he is different with CM.

Good win for Benneton. Unlucky being in the strong conference, they're a European side if they were in A.

Tremendous. 8 wins, 7 losses now for Benetton and a franchise record five wins on the bounce (albeit a very recent schedule). Back to the halcyon days of splendid mediocrity! I never thought we'd see their likes again. The wing Ioane is living up to his namesake.

Normal service resumed by me having zero clue about the Blues. They have a sniff of a chance of clawing back the Cheetahs. Mapimpi has bloody well moved on to the Sharks in Super Rugby. He could still finish Pro14 top try scorer! Cheetahs have now lost their entire starting back three and it maybe shows what league the SARU are prioritising at this stage.

Good performance from the scarlets considering the amount of talent we have out . Not a bad result getting a losing bonus point and going down to 14 in Dublin , felt like we left a couple of tries out there too a few inaccuracies ruining some potentially great scores . Fancy to do the job at the Parc in rematch .

Good win for Benneton. Unlucky being in the strong conference, they're a European side if they were in A.

Genuinely though, I had my head in my hands at how poor Zane Kirchner was at 10... I know the Dragons kinda had to play him there and he's not really a 10 anyway, but he missed all 4 kicks at goal, got charged down to give away a crucial try, threw a forward pass when a certain try was on and kicked dead a silly easy penalty kick to touch after turning down an easy in front of the goals penalty shot...

Dragons threw the game away, should've been well clear at a lot of points, but fair play to Bennetton they finished by far the strongest!

Good performance from the scarlets considering the amount of talent we have out . Not a bad result getting a losing bonus point and going down to 14 in Dublin , felt like we left a couple of tries out there too a few inaccuracies ruining some potentially great scores . Fancy to do the job at the Parc in rematch .
Aye, showed the depth of the two sides alright. I wouldn't be too keen to be in the video review with Lancaster though he was livid at HT and bar the opening two minutes the second half was worse. From a Leinster perspective, barring more injuries at 12 or 9, Scarlets away should be the only game where there's a realistic chance of losing. Being down 20 players, off the top of my head, between internationals and injuries should be killing us right now but I expect to be first seed given the easier run in to Scarlets.

Genuinely though, I had my head in my hands at how poor Zane Kirchner was at 10... I know the Dragons kinda had to play him there and he's not really a 10 anyway, but he missed all 4 kicks at goal, got charged down to give away a crucial try, threw a forward pass when a certain try was on and kicked dead a silly easy penalty kick to touch after turning down an easy in front of the goals penalty shot...

Dragons threw the game away, should've been well clear at a lot of points, but fair play to Bennetton they finished by far the strongest!
I didn't watch the game but that sounds like a disaster, I always tolerated Zane as a strong defensive wing and liked a few of his later contributions at centre here, a 10 he is far from!

Any word on who they'll have at 10 next season? Edinburgh released Tovey. Jarrod Evans and Dan Jones both look like they could make the step up to starter.

Fair play for Benetton getting their 5th consecutive victory but it almost seemed like Dragons where trying to loose that game. Missed all the kicks bar one I believe and touch was missed twice from a penalty while they were in Benetton's 22! Jackman is getting quite a bit of criticism for the terrible record so far, some of it's justified, but it does say something that he will rather pick 20 YO's with a handful of games over the completely average/downright poor wider Dragons squad. This is a season of hurt but they will be better for it next year when the young guys get a bit older and have a number of games experience and hopefully they get rid of some of the dead weight. Apparently Tyler Morgan has fractured his foot! Dare i say he might be worse than Tulangi for injuries, terrible luck.

I didn't watch the game but that sounds like a disaster, I always tolerated Zane as a strong defensive wing and liked a few of his later contributions at centre here, a 10 he is far from!

Yeah I can't see the Dragons trying that one again! They had a promising young 10 on the bench as well, though I think he may have just come back from injury.

Any word on who they'll have at 10 next season? Edinburgh released Tovey. Jarrod Evans and Dan Jones both look like they could make the step up to starter.

Not heard anything since Quade Cooper's name was being thrown around! Definitely a position they need to strengthen for next season, though not sure if the Blues or Scarlets would be overly keen to send over their 2nd choice 10's who've both had great seasons so far, even if it'd be beneficial to Welsh rugby overall.

Latest posts