• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Laporte Given Two Year Suspended Sentence

die_mole

International
TRF Legend

Didn't even know he was charged. Knew the RWC guy had some legal troubles but this is interesting.

Suspended sentence?

200.gif

Suspended sentence?

200.gif
Rich people don't go to jail.

As far as I can tell he hasn't even lost his job:

World Rugby convened an emergency meeting on Tuesday night and confirmed the matter would be referred to its ethics officer, who may take further action.
Laporte has been banned from all rugby activity for two years but through his lawyer has signalled his intention to appeal against the sentence, meaning he will remain in place as FFR president in the interim.

I now believe every conspiracy theory I've ever heard about how WR was intentionally arse-fukcing the game to slow it down and favour the Northern sides. Also - 2007 RWC win against NZ confirmed a fix.

Last edited:
I now believe every conspiracy theory I've ever heard about how WR was intentionally arse-fukcing the game to slow it down and favour the Northern sides. Also - 2007 RWC win against NZ confirmed a fix.
Not that whole Chestnut 🌰 🤔

If it was really a conspiracy to favour NH sides how come they have only won one World Cup and also placing England the home team in group of death in the most lucrative WC?

The so called conspiracy is "money" I am sure it also drives a lot of the decisions in SH as much as NH.

Its because you are just that bad naturally that you still lose even with a stacked deck.

Obviously.

Last edited:

so Altrad has been given an 18 month suspended sentence as well. He sponsors 20% of tier one nations and owns the top 14 champions. I'd also imagine he had something to do with Syria being accepted as an associate member by WR last month.

Altrad tried to buy Gloucester in 2017?

Its because you are just that bad naturally that you still lose even with a stacked deck.

Obviously.
Who are just that bad? All of the NH countries?

Anyway back to the original post - yes Laporte should be sacked. Hopefully in January when ethics officer gives his findings.

But where there is money and power there will always be corruption. FIFA. has shown us that. WR will be no different behind the scenes.

Latest posts