Laporte new president of FFR

FrenchFan

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Toulouse
Bernard Laporte was elected president of FFR last Saturday.

We're finally rid of the old guard :bravo:. A third mandate for Camous would have been the death knell of the national team and many amateur clubs.

Laporte has fired the first shot saying he wants to centrally contract the internationals for 6 months along with the clubs.

Now watch the war between LNR (in charge of Top 14) and FFR...

http://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actualites/Elections-ffr-bernard-laporte-prend-la-presidence-de-la-ffr/756046

Last edited:
Is he for EU or against?

Brexit?

- - - Updated - - -

Things may begin to advance now - albeit slowly, but if it means that the XV de France gains in importance within French rugby, so much the better.

Laporte faces a huge task ahead. Nearly a decade of corruption apathy dictatorship - as opposed to real leadership which has been sorely lacking at FFr. The whole union culture stinks. He needs to get rid of all the union arseholes of the Camous and Blanco ilk that have plagued the pro clubs as much as the amateurs.

You only need to look at Blanco's disastrous involvement with les bleus. Many players have come out very negatively about that experience and said how toxic the man is.

The new president must get rid of these people as a priority. Laporte is hopefully going to throw all the arseholes out. Some have already resigned after his election before being kicked out. JC Skrela selector of France Sevens is one of them. Good riddance!

Laporte had better brace himself for Alamo with the clubs next. He may have to dissolve LNR altogether and negotiate directly with the clubs. That's what I hope he'll do.

Last edited:
Any new president is going to face a huge task ahead!! as taking over a shambles is about where FFR is at the moment, but if Noves and Laporte can see eye to eye which i think is possible, firstly the relationship and the XV de France will improve, we have already seen improvement with the Autumn Internationals.
The LNR is another matter but Laporte is respected by most and long term progress will be made. He has a good team around him and he is well versed in the political arena, so no problem there he was secretairy for French sports. There is always going to be a problem with the TOP 14 clubs and the FFR, LNR but there is no reason why the relationship cannot be improved for the better. Laporte will have a completely different approach to the out going Camou, but thats not difficult, and i think that progress will be made with the next WC, being the turning point in French rugby. Here's hoping for new horizons and putting French rugby back where it belongs in the top 3/4 of World rugby.

Laporte invited to to the Tonton Flankers on Eurosport last night, if he goes through with everything he said French rugby will be in a better place in time, his brush looks to be sweeping all the old rubbish that has be lying around for years, he has a massive job on his hands but has selected a good team around him and results will flow, maybe not immediately but long term things look rosier, his thoughts on Amateur rugby very interesting, and the fact that he wants results for the French team no more no less.

Let's hope the French national team will once again become what it used to be, that's needed now more than ever with the developments in SA and Oz.

we have everything to be successful as a test nation.

The politics of the last 10 yrs have ruined les Bleus. What the outgoing administration has left behind is one almighty mess. They were corrupt and beyond incompetent.

The Camous administration has screwed up the game and the people with it. They have let down grassroot rugby in a shameless way and alienated the big pro clubs. They utterly failed in their mission to administer both the amateur and pro code.

Laporte has got to put LNR back in line now or disband it altogether and centrally contract the internationals. This is the only way.

I don't know if he will succeed but at least the rats are leaving now since he got elected.

The French public is sick thru the back teeth of the politics.

We have 2 years to get our house in order and get back in the top 5.

Amen.

Last edited:
i was at a reuninion this week and from a very good source who knows Laporte and Noves well, he said that if Noves and France do not get results in the 6 Nations it will be curtains sooner than later. We know there is not much good blood between the two of them so nothing will surprise me. Laporte has already started sweeeping away the rubbish already with more to come, this all looks nearly revolutionary, but it's about time something happened.

What do you guys think about the fact that the stadium idea was abandoned and which alternative would you prefer?

must agree the whole new Stadium idea was a shambles, based more than likely on the fact that England own theirs and France do not!!! The cost the location absurd, it needs to be buried without delay.

Noves is sitting on the fence now. JB Lafond summed it up nicely saying Noves gone from a 4-year contract to a 6-mth one. We're not done with the politixXX.....

I saw bets here that he will be gone by next year. He's no quitter. But they're not compatible with Laporte. Too much bad blood. If les Bleus don't get results he'll be gone by next year. They won't sack him. He'll get out on his own accord.

As i said earlier if the results dont come in the 6 Nations he 's gone probably before the end of the season.

Latest posts