Laptops, desktops and other harware

TRF_Ezequiel

Kanko Krazy!!!
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Netherlands
Club or Nation
Sharks
I want to know what fellow IT-guys here think of this...

I decided to buy a new laptop at the end of the year and I went looking for one. I found this one to be perfect to meet my expectations:

Alienware M17x
alienware-m17x-gaming-laptop-1.jpg

Specifications:

Processor: Intel® Coreâ"¢ i7 620M 2.66 GHz (3.33GHz Turbo Mode, 4MB Cache)
Graphics: CrossfireXâ"¢ 1GB ATI Radeonâ"¢ Mobility HD 5870
Screen: 17-inch WideUXGA 1920 x 1200 RGB LED (1200p)
RAM: 4GB Dual Channel Memory (2x 2GB DDR3)
Hard Drive: 640GB Raid 0 (2x 320GB 7,200RPM HDDs)
Optical Drive: Slot-Loading Dual Layer Blu-ray Reader (BR-ROM, DVD+-RW, CD-RW)
WIFI: Wireless 1520 802.11n Half Mini-Card
USB Ports: 4
Other things:
- HDMI
- Firewire
- eSATA
- 4 Audio ports for Surround Sound
- HD 5.1 Surround Sound Audio Soundcard

alienware_m17x_keyboard_sf.jpg

alienware_m17x_ports1_sf.jpg

alienware_m17x_ports2_sf.jpg

Some nice extra's include a keyboard and touchpad with integrated lights which can be customized picking 1 of the 64 colors available.
Also it's possible to log on using the facial recognition in which the 2 MP camera scans the shape of your face and logs on automatically. This is something else than fingerprints

Here you can see a short review

What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks wicked. Im getting a new laptop in the next few weeks but will be getting a cheaper one, only need it for music, films web and losing my life on Football Manager when it comes out in October

That's a very nice price hehe. My laptop will have to cost around 3500 Euro's. I know it's a lot of money but I need it for things that I cannot do on a normal laptop which include video editing and using it as a HD entertainment system

Can't go wrong with Alienware really, they may be pricey but they look the best out of any laptop i've ever seen, the specs are always top notch, and i've never heard of one breaking down.
I just wish i had the money for one :p

That's a very nice price hehe. My laptop will have to cost around 3500 Euro's. I know it's a lot of money but I need it for things that I cannot do on a normal laptop which include video editing and using it as a HD entertainment system
I punch the first guy who drink a coffee above my laptop!:box:

Yes, I do like games but don't have time for it. I'm traveling around Europe for work and the few weekends I don't need to work I prefer spending in bed with or without my gf, doing sports and going out. We still have an old XP desktop which I sometimes use to play rugby 08. But all the serious stuff I do on Mac.

I punch the first guy who drink a coffee above my laptop!:box:

Luckily the price includes a world-wide all-inclusive 3 year warranty. If anything happens, even water damage, it's picked up and fixed for free.

Luckily the price includes a world-wide all-inclusive 3 year warranty. If anything happens, even water damage, it's picked up and fixed for free.
I know a good Russian after-sales service!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm currently having a bit of a bad streak with my computers. I finally got around to replacing Vista on my desktop with Ubuntu 10.04 (great OS and you can run pretty much anything you want, none of the shitty compatibility issues that comes with the mac os). That was good, but then I had a logic error on my hard drive on my netbook (running off xp, still awesome) meaning it wouldn't boot up. Normally I would have hooked it up to the desktop and run chkdsk on it using vista (xp and vista are compatible, one of the few good things about the latter) but since it was gone, I was either going to have to replace ubuntu or form a hard drive partition. I like Ubuntu so the first option was out of the question but I didn't have enough disk space for a partition and my external hard drive input was broken. In the end I had to transform the external hard drive into an internal one and was able to throw xp onto it. Then I ran chkdsk and all was good.

I'm getting a new one tomorrow. Only have about £500 to spend. Any brands I should consider/avoid etc?

Ok so you can buy Alienware, msi ,asus and hp laptop. all brand is make very nice and powerful laptop. but in this shot list try to buy Alienware. because Alienware spacially make produce for game and its design is make for keep cool laptop.

Latest posts