• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lara the GREAT

A truelly awesome batsman yes, but better than Bradmen ?

No come on, you've got your genius players and then you've got the legends of legends.

Bradman is one step beyond even that.

No come on, you've got your genius players and then you've got the legends of legends.

[/b]

dude u miss quoted me

i said "I regard him higher than all, bar Bradman."

which means apart from bradman, i rated lara better than the rest - ie 2nd best

bradman will always be in the league of his own.... :D

Oh yes, if there was a league of legendary batsmen, they'd have a permanant divider at the top so that Bradman could have his own space right at the top as permanent no.1 without feeling crowded or anything.

That said, Lara is an excellent batsmen, I'm sure if Bradman were around today, he would approve of Lara joining the rest of those batting legends.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

dude u miss quoted me

[/b][/quote]

Whoops, don't mind me , I'm just a blind old fool :p

huge loss for the windies especially as it times as ak said he was the team and often carried them to victory.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

dude u miss quoted me

[/b][/quote]

Whoops, don't mind me , I'm just a blind old fool :p
[/b][/quote]
a blind old fool that just happens to be 19 eh boogle? :p

Lara never gave up hope, always batted in the same heroic way no matter what the score or conditions. I tip my hat to you.

a blind old fool that just happens to be 19 eh boogle? :p

[/b]

Hehe, well that's what's making me worry so much :p

Ok since I'm not really on topic I guess I'll just be on my way then ;)

Wow one of the World Bests batsman a True Cricket Legend...

West Indies won't be the same without him...

I`ll definately miss mr BC Lara a lot- truly a legend yes, definately the best batsman of his generation.

One match that pretty much describes Lara`s career, and which I`ll always remember, was a few years back at the Wanderers. SA won the toss, and fielded 1st on a typical green and dangerous Wanderers track. We dismissed the Windies for something like 260, with Lara getting 150 of those. With the moisture gone from the wicket, SA batted out days 2 and 3, racking up close to 600. Sure, we dismissed the Windies in the 2nd innings also for around the 300 mark, winning by an innings- but not before a mr BC Lara racked up a magical double-century.

Like AK47 says, the man had to do it all alone, no support in the WI batting line-up for him really. To have achieved all he has under those conditions is truly the stuff of legends.

Exactly, you can argue all you like about Ponting, Tendulkar being better, but they never hnd to at times single-handedly carry their team.

yeah it would have been amazing to see him play in the era before him when the windies were on top, just to see what he would have been had he not been under the pressure of carrying his team. Lara was always best when he appeared not to worry about anyone else. Tendulkar maybe more technically correct, but nowhere near as dangerous as Lara on his day. Ponting has played in arguably the strongest all round team to ever play, and has such less pressure on him.

Latest posts