Larkham in doubt

Discussion in 'Rugby World Cup 2007' started by Dddooommm123, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Dddooommm123

Dddooommm123 Guest

if larkhams gone how do you think we'l go whol step in his shoes 10. barnes or 10 giteau with staniforth or aac at 12?? if he cant make the semis our chances will look much more slim

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

Barnes is good enough to see us past England without too much trouble but if Bernies not back for the Semi we have zero chance of beating the Blacks.

Fingers crossed.

4. Brodizzle

Brodizzle Guest

Giteau at fly-half Staniforth at inside centre, I'd back that...

5. Fushitsusha

Fushitsusha Guest

Giteau is much, MUCH better at inside centre than at flyhalf.

I think Barnes is playing well enough to secure the position through to England, and depending on his form he may or may not start against the All Blacks.

6. Brodizzle

Brodizzle Guest

Well obviously but would you rather Giteau play fly half or have Barnes do a Carlos on us against the All Blacks, he is too young to play a World Cup semi, I very much doubt that Barnes will be able to handle a rampaging All Blacks targeting his position...he will be destroyed...

7. Fushitsusha

Fushitsusha Guest

Well obviously but would you rather Giteau play fly half or have Barnes do a Carlos on us against the All Blacks, he is too young to play a World Cup semi, I very much doubt that Barnes will be able to handle a rampaging All Blacks targeting his position...he will be destroyed...
    [/b][/quote]

I'm not too fond of Giteau as a flyhalf because he doesn't really attack the line, so if Barnes does well against England and Larkham isn't available I'd rather have him at flyhalf with Giteau acting as a second five eighth...

However, if Barnes has a shocker against England I would then back Giteau for flyhalf...

But, I'm confident Barnes would be able to step up against the AB's with guys like Giteau, Mortlock and Latham outside of him...

Personally, I'm more worried about a player like Drew Mitchell or Al Baxter costing us against the All Blacks...

8. Dddooommm123

Dddooommm123 Guest

yes i also think we will get past the quaters quiet comfortably with or without larkham, im sure barnes can handle england or tonga but like brodizzle said i dont think he can handle the allblacks in the semi with a jerry collins shoulder comming at him at a 1000 miles per hour because he would get targeted.

but if barnes all of a sudden has an injury or a horrible game and larkham isnt available the sensible option would be giteau at 10 with staniforth or aac at 12, i think them two are kind of similar players both hard runners. staniforth and mortlock combo worked well against scotland last end of year test, thats also because larkham had an awsome game and set up his outside backs so well.

but we all got to hope for the best that he recovers quikly and is fit for QF or semi's at least!!!

9. boydy

boydy Guest

Personally I think giteau is slightly wasted at fly half (and sh), barnes is good, but I'm not sure he has enough experience yet...let hope larkham is good for the semis.

10. bwassa

bwassa Guest

Barnes is a very suitable replacment for larkham. he is getting a lot of experiance by replacing larkham and he will be a great fly-half in the future for australia

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!