• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Last chance for the Jaguares in super rugby

Felipe

Academy Player
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
Argentina
I understand that Australians or New Zealanders are no longer interested in playing against Jaguares due to costs related to long air travel.

The only option I can find to convince them would be the following: each team from Australia or New Zealand plays against Jaguares in Buenos Aires every two years.

For example, in 2022 the 2 matches of Reds against Jaguares are played in Buenos Aires and the following year both matches are played at the Reds stadium.

In this way, trips to Buenos Aires become less frequent and when they do occur they are more justified to the extent that the visiting team has a reasonable stay in Argentina.

The Australian team does not make a huge trip to play just one game.

It is the best that can be offered.

I understand that Australians or New Zealanders are no longer interested in playing against Jaguares due to costs related to long air travel.

The only option I can find to convince them would be the following: each team from Australia or New Zealand plays against Jaguares in Buenos Aires every two years.

For example, in 2022 the 2 matches of Reds against Jaguares are played in Buenos Aires and the following year both matches are played at the Reds stadium.

In this way, trips to Buenos Aires become less frequent and when they do occur they are more justified to the extent that the visiting team has a reasonable stay in Argentina.

The Australian team does not make a huge trip to play just one game.

It is the best that can be offered.
Also that Aoteroa and SRAU have been pretty successful - why would they bother with trying to accomadate Jaguares into that?

Also that Aoteroa and SRAU have been pretty successful - why would they bother with trying to accomadate Jaguares into that?

The only argument that could weigh would be to prevent Argentina from becoming the Italy of the Rugby Championship.

That does not suit Australia, New Zealand or South Africa.

The 6N has a long tradition and can afford to carry an Italy, the Rugby Championship cannot.

The level of the pumas is closely linked to the possibility of professionalizing a team like Jaguares.

The short life of Jaguares allowed the Pumas to play as equals to their three great rivals.

While the pumas won few games, at least their game didn't bore the spectators too much.

Before Jaguares, pumas may have won more often, but their feats were the result of a very basic and conservative game that did not elicit enthusiasm from viewers.

Betting on having a Puma team that assembles players playing in big European teams is a very short-term bet.

Successful as a short term novelty, most people still want to play the aussies teams and a lot are still keep to play the jags or a pacific island or Japanese team

the five nz teams smashing each other and playing a similar style of rugby won't keep people's interest for ever

I think the obvious move would have been to just go back to playing everyone else once so each team would only have to go to arginitina ever other year

Latest posts