• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Last lazy Pro14 thread until I have nothing to do in my life again - Guinness Pro14: R13

I was bluetoothing him a crazy frog remix you apostate. Sad.
Also for team announcements, Munster named a team. There were 15 players named to start and a further 8 on the bench. The team was good. Connacht went down a similar selection route but their team was less good, bordering on not good at all. Thanks.
Munster:
15. Simon Zebo
14. Andrew Conway
13. Chris Farrell
12. Rory Scannell
11. Keith Earls
10. Ian Keatley
9. Conor Murray

1. Dave Kilcoyne
2. Rhys Marshall
3. John Ryan
4. Jean Kleyn
5. Darren O'Shea
6. Jack O'Donoghue
7. Conor Oliver
8. CJ Stander (Capt).

Replacements:

16. Mike Sherry
17. James Cronin
18. Stephen Archer
19. Robin Copeland
20. Peter O'Mahony
21. Duncan Williams
22. Bill Johnston
23. Darren Sweetnam

Connacht:
15. Tiernan O'Halloran
14. Niyi Adeolokun
13. Eoin Griffin
12. Pita Ahki
11. Matt Healy
10. Jack Carty
9. Caolin Blade:

1. Peter McCabe
2. Tom McCartney
3. Conor Carey
4. Quinn Roux
5. James Cannon
6. Cillian Gallagher
7. Jarrad Butler
8. John Muldoon (Capt)

Replacements:

16. Shane Delahunt
17. Conan O'Donnell
18. Finlay Bealham
19. Gavin Thornbury
20. Paul Boyle
21. James Mitchell
22. Craig Ronaldson
23. Darragh Leader

Last edited:
Leinster:

15. Jordan Larmour
14. Fergus McFadden
13. Garry Ringrose
12. Robbie Henshaw
11. Barry Daly
10. Ross Byrne
9. Jamison Gibson-Park

1. Jack McGrath (Capt).
2. James Tracy
3. Tadhg Furlong
4. Devin Toner
5. Scott Fardy
6. Josh Murphy
7. Jordi Murphy
8. Jack Conan

Replacements:

16. Seán Cronin
17. Ed Byrne
18. Andrew Porter
19. Mick Kearney
20. Max Deegan
21. Nick McCarthy
22. Johnny Sexton
23. Noel Reid

Ulster:

15. Charles Piutau
14. Andrew Trimble
13. Darren Cave
12. Stuart McCloskey
11. Jacob Stockdale
10. Christian Lealiifano
9. Johnny Stewart

1. Callum Black
2. Rory Best (Capt).
3. Rodney Ah You
4. Pete Browne
5. Iain Henderson
6. Matty Rea
7. Sean Reidy
8. Jean Deysel

Replacements:

16. Rob Herring
17. Kyle McCall
18. Wiehahn Herbst
19. Alan O'Connor
20. Nick Timoney
21. John Cooney
21. Johnny McPhillips
22. Tommy Bowe

Potentially.. the pack is a big point of weakness, Ah You is a massive (in more ways than one) waste of space, but Im thinking we may be more cohesive and solid with Trimble and Besty back in. If Cooney and Herbst started I'd give Ulster more of a chance, but maybe Cooney rested, and Herbst easing his way back for La Rochelle game. Either way, at least one of Ulster's platforms in set piece needs to be a lot more stable, likely the lineout, and a hopefully fired up Hendy can produce a few moments of magic. As for the wide channels, the Back 3 of Ulster could be huge, the extra size of the wings this week should get a little more go forward, and Stockers is genuine class. Maybe optimistic, but a lad can hope, I think Ulster may edge this, though Im seeing a fair few tries from both teams if weather stays good

The underdogs I'll jinx this week are Bennetton to stand proud against a rusty Cheetahs.

Otherwise, it'll go with Conference ranking I think.

The underdogs I'll jinx this week are Bennetton to stand proud against a rusty Cheetahs.

Otherwise, it'll go with Conference ranking I think.

If we beat the Ospreys away I'll be very surprised. Massive monkey on the back. Haven't beat them at the Liberty since 2005 (I was there!). Munster, Leinster, Scarlets, Benetton, Glasgow, Ospreys I reckon!

Leinster have a much stronger pack and should win this fairly comfortably, and I suspect Johnny coming off the bench should swing it even if it is tight.

Ringrose has looked a bit rusty since getting back from injury and will need to show more in the coming weeks to convince Joe to pick him for to start the 6N.

I was impressed with Josh Murphy against the Dragons earlier this year and this is his first real opportunity to impress against a strong team. He looks promising but I can see him ending up in the 'former Leinster prospect who pops up playing brilliant rugby somewhere else five years later' category. Hope not, though.

Barry Daly was in great form earlier this year and would probably have made the Ireland squad if he hadn't been injured. Had a quiet enough game against Munster in his first game back but he did get the assist for Henshaw's try and could benefit from what might be a fairly open game but will be tested defensively against a strong Ulster back three. I'd really like to see him be successful, he's got a nice story and he seems like a likeable person. Won't play in the 6N unless there's an injury crisis but could easily feature on the summer tour if things go his way.

And thus ends a series of unrelated tangents about various Leinster players that no one wants to read. I hope you all have a nice weekend as I agonise over whether to watch it with biased anti-Leinster commentary on TG4 or biased pro-Ulster commentary on BBC.

Our game is going to be interesting tonight. Pitch needs emergency TLC. Not flooded or anything and will be ok to play but some issue with soil.
On side note it freezing here and that not good as half our guys are swamped with flu with 2 squad guys getting Aussie Flu too

If we beat the Ospreys away I'll be very surprised. Massive monkey on the back. Haven't beat them at the Liberty since 2005 (I was there!). Munster, Leinster, Scarlets, Benetton, Glasgow, Ospreys I reckon!

Two consecutive posts picking Benetton for a win against a top 6 side and both are correct. Changed days!

Zebre pack being bullied a bit by a fairly average Glasgow pack which ain't a great sign moving forward (if you'll pardon the pun). It is however great to see Padovani back at Zebre to contest the position with Minozzi.

RIP Stockdale's credibility. If I got stepped by McFadden I would end it by walking in front of the bus, upon which the bus would presumably also have no difficulty evading me.

It's no longer surprising that we are so shocking.

It's more surprising when we aren't!

Didn't see other game but bad result for Ulster. Heard Stockdale had nightmare.
On Larmour not suprised as he is a star in making.

On our game here. We up 10 - 6 at ht. Good considering we crippled with flu victims. Keatley and Farrell going very well. But Wilkinson ruining the game for both teams.

Biggest gripe in Rugby the tip tackle. Quinn Roux avoids a red as Keith Earls put out his hand to break fall.
Nothing against Roux either just this is the example. Because Earls put out hand to break a dangerous tackle the sanction is lowered.
We got our BP and as I said I don't want Roux banned or red more that the law makers have a think on that

Conor Murray is a pure thoroughbred stallion. Quinn Roux is a jester's lowly donkey.
Conor was brilliant. I'm more in shock at Oliver. This was literally his first game back. Like of any kind. Some game. Jacko is improving and front row will be interesting next week. Killer in fine form but Cronin was magical. Keatley is a relegation and Earls on the wing is a different beast.

On the Roux incident I'm more annoyed at laws than player or ref. Conway saw red in Galway for about 5% of the malice or damage that was in that.

Latest posts