• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Last Man Standing

G

gingergenius

Anyone watch this? It's a series where 3 yank and 3 british athletes are sent to compete in 10 'tribal' sports around the world.

Anyway, seriously awesome series. On the surface it looked like it could be yet another cheap and boring reality show... but it was far from it. All of the 6 athletes were seriously talented guys, with their own unique strengths and I couldn't help but take my hat off to them. The series is certainly 'sport' and not 'reality' - there was skill, tension, injuries and nothing was faked for the cameras. Add to that the interesting tribes they stayed with and the culture aspect, plus the way all the athletes developed... I thought it was absolute gold.

Also I'm delighted Wole won... I was rooting for him from episode 1 cos he was the English guy who didn't behave like a prick during the ritual part. Plus at the start the Americans seemed to group together since they were american, Ed and murray because they were posh and Wole was just left to on his own and arrogant. I like arrogant people who back it up... people have been saying Ed was the true Last Man Standing since Wole won 2 events controversially... and Ed did deserve to win it. But so did Wole, simply for his sheer determination, he wanted it more than anyone else and pushed himself harder... so overall he came high in all the events, even the ones that didn't suit someone so big. No one liked Joey... but what do you expect with a petulant quitter.

opinions on the series? apparently the next one will be about women not men... which means it will either turn into Shipwrecked or have some kind of equality undertones... both will be ********. Sometimes I f***ing hate the BBC's equality obsession...

I was considering sourcing and watching it after reading the first paragraph of your post ginger, but you proceeded to tell us who won.

Last man standing is one of the few shows i can miss. It is very open, and includes some amazing events.

I always thought "Last Man Standing" was what the yanks called the playground institution, nay passage of right, better known as "British Bulldog".

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jan 15 2009, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I always thought "Last Man Standing" was what the yanks called the playground institution, nay passage of right, better known as "British Bulldog".[/b]

yeh we used to play bulldog at school, but Mercy Bulldog. ie. when you're tackled, the bulldog has to make you submit. Usually bending back fingers or a knee in the spine was enough.

I just started working at a school and we had the U8 boys playing bulldog... but you have to use tags because of health and safety. Which is long.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/grzaJPAMab4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/grzaJPAMab4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Latest posts