• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Late tackle?

Top Gooser

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Lions
If a player is defending an attacking line, the attacker draws the defender, the attacker passes the ball but the defender is already fully committed to the tackle and tackles the attacker...

How late would you say is late?

Awkward question perhaps?! But I seen 2 similar occasions on the weekend. One ref said it was late, one let play go on. No laws were broken at either time, so no advantage was given!

If a player is defending an attacking line, the attacker draws the defender, the attacker passes the ball but the defender is already fully committed to the tackle and tackles the attacker...

How late would you say is late?

Awkward question perhaps?! But I seen 2 similar occasions on the weekend. One ref said it was late, one let play go on. No laws were broken at either time, so no advantage was given!

If you're committed to the tackle that means you have no way of backing out, so not much you can do, some of the calls can be a bit harsh, you think the guy isn't going to pass, you fly in with the tackle and he passes at the last minute, you smash him without the ball - I suppose it comes down to the refs interpretation at the end of the day.

Latest posts