• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Latham's ARU Career Over

M

melon

Daily Telegraph

WALLABIES fullback Chris Latham's Test career is over after scans today confirmed he has torn his pectoral muscle in an injury that will sideline him for more than three months.

Queensland veteran Latham tore the muscle from the bone in a failed tackle on Crusaders winger Kade Poki at Suncorp Stadium on Saturday night and requires corrective surgery.

The UK-bound 32-year-old fullback conceded today his Wallabies career was effectively ended by the injury.

Latham said he wouldn't be fit in time to stake a legitimate claim for selection in the few Tri-Nations Tests that would remain before he leaves to join Worcester on a three-year contract.
[/b]

My thanks to Chris Latham for being a long serving, hardworking servant of both the ARU and QRU as well as rugby union in general.

His stellar Australian and International career was legendary and he will go down as one of the modern greats.

Thank you for everything and good luck in finishing your career by pursuing your final rugby endeavours with Worcester

:bravo:

Unfortunately for Latham he didn't peak until the later end of his career.

He's consistently been one of Australia's best players over the past few years and in my opinion was the best fullback in the game over that time.

He'll definately be missed, but it's time for him to move on and give some of the younger guys a go.

My bet is that Mark Gerrard will be taking over the fullback position.

I was looking forward to seeing him play in person this season... such a shame. He's been a legend for Queensland and Australian Rugby. As soon as the game began, I said "I reckon he'll get injured and won't play next week". Don't kill me for jinxing.

I salute you Chris Latham, you were a true legend and gentleman of the game and gave everything each time you played. I wish you well on your journey to the NH and may you enjoy the last couple off years of your rugby career.

I'm just sad he couldn't get one more game for the Reds.

I salute you Chris Latham, you were a true legend and gentleman of the game and gave everything each time you played. I wish you well on your journey to the NH and may you enjoy the last couple off years of your rugby career.

I'm just sad he couldn't get one more game for the Reds.
[/b]

Same... especially against the Tahs..

What's Don Bradman's average? 99.94. I believe that Latho will be better remembered for his 99 games than if he had cracked the 100.

When I heard that Latham had signed for Worcester I was very disappointed. He still was good enough to have another few years in the yellow shirt and is one of the few true professionals.

It was very sad watching Latham soldier on last week with that injury knowing in his heart he wouldnt be able to get to 100 super 14 caps. He is one of the greats of Australian rugby, a man who could create something out of nothing, just ask the All Blacks ;)

Latham is not only one of the best fullbacks of Australian rugby of but of rugby in the world!

Latest posts