• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lauaki cited

N

nam97

Following the New Zealand v Romania Pool C match in Toulouse on Saturday, 29 September, a New Zealand player has been cited by citing commissioner John West.

The New Zealand number 8 Sione Lauaki has been cited for an alleged dangerous tackle on Romania wing Gabriel Brezoianu.

The player and his team management have been informed and a hearing is expected to take place on Monday, 1 October in Paris.

>>If I remember correctly, it was a swinging fore arm from behind across the throat. Didn't actually look to bad at the time, and no fuss what so ever was made over it.

R

Ripper

meh, at least they didn't cite Mealamu. Tubby Boy is a good luxery off the bench, but I wouldn't lose any sleep for not having him against the French, his full value would be felt against a team like the Boks or the Argies.

H

Hadrian Vile

He'll get at least a week. Maybe two. Would love to see him off the bench against the French but no worries.

J

jawmalawm24

The tackle in question was a bit high but absolutely no mallace in it. So I really don't think Lauaki should get banned maybe just a good talking too from uncle Henry & Co.

F

fcukernaut

The tackle in question was a bit high but absolutely no mallace in it. So I really don't think Lauaki should get banned maybe just a good talking too from uncle Henry & Co. [/b]

A talking to? No sir, he'll get a pat on the back for a job well done. Make no mistake, Lauaki's job is to be an intimidator and play on the edge.

N

nam97

It doesn't warrent a suspension at all. His arm kind of slipped up from the chest towards the neck. If anything Mealamu's was worse, but still, not worth a suspension little own a citing

C

candybum

this is a bit of a joke and a waste of time.

theyre trying to make rugby like a ******* sport straight up! geez manare they serious with that citing!! grr

Latest posts