• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Law question for the Intelligent

mpj29

Academy Player
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Wales
Today our under 18's Colts where playing a team fielding just 13 players. We were told we could only field 14 players as apparently the law states that at under 18 Colts, you can only play with 1 more player than your opposition. Is this right at Under 18 Colts?

Secondly, late in the game, the opposition were given a yellow card, However, as they lost their player to the bin, we were made to drop a player to the bench, why? Well apparently them getting a yellow card would mean that we would automatically be back up to 2 extra players.

This game was played in England, under RFU Laws.

This can't be right, if it is, then this would mean that a yellow card effectively had no effect.

Can someone who is better informed than me please help.

Today our under 18's Colts where playing a team fielding just 13 players. We were told we could only field 14 players as apparently the law states that at under 18 Colts, you can only play with 1 more player than your opposition. Is this right at Under 18 Colts?

Secondly, late in the game, the opposition were given a yellow card, However, as they lost their player to the bin, we were made to drop a player to the bench, why? Well apparently them getting a yellow card would mean that we would automatically be back up to 2 extra players.

This game was played in England, under RFU Laws.

This can't be right, if it is, then this would mean that a yellow card effectively had no effect.

Can someone who is better informed than me please help.

That's definitly not a law I've come into contact with under the SRU refereeing qualifications, I assume that the courses are the same

There's the same rule in my league. It is just a league rule depending on where/what level you play.

Latest posts