• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Law variations after the World Cup

ZeFrenchy

First XV
Country Flag
France
What do you think will change? What would you like to change?

I would like to see the 1-minute-for-kicking-at-posts rule enforced. That would make the game more dynamic, and probably less kicks at goal would be taken.

I would like to see that enforced too but I don't think it will change how many shots at goal are taken.

like to see the tmo been used for disciplinarey incidents and have it used for the play before a try

The rule that you have to put the ball in straight been enforced.

Yeah pretty much. Rugby is an imperfect game and you're never gonna make it perfect. It's good the way it is and just make sure the rules they already have are enforced.

► A five metre offside line at ruck and maul.

► a gain in ground for a Free Kick direct into touch, but still have the opposition throw to the line-out.

► A more strict interpretation of "squeezeball".

► extend the powers of the TMO both to identify the perpetrator of foul play when called upon by the referee, and to bring foul play to the attention of the referee if he has missed it.

► Finally, one I would like to see experimented with....in General Play, a team that kicks the ball from inside their own 10m line and is able to bounce it into touch inside their opponent's 22 gets the throw-in to the lineout (stolen straight from Rugby League's 40/20 kick)

Making TMO referals for cards, with a compulsary check for reds. It doesn't make any sense for technology to be used for a simple 5 pointer, when something as game changing as lowering a team to 14 men can't be checked.
It also seems like a farce when you hear the ref say "i would send the man off but i didnt get a number". Thats ridiculous and needs addressing quicksmart.

Latest posts