Lawrence Dallaglio: 'Rugby saved me from rock bottom'

Jaguares

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
Argentina
"The week after my seventeenth birthday, I sat down to dinner with my parents and sister Francesca, a promising ballerina three years older than me. She chatted excitedly about the party she was all dressed up to attend that night. I'd been invited, too, but had a headache and decided not to go.

The following morning, my mother woke me in a terrible panic. 'Have you heard the news?' she asked. The pleasure boat the party had been held on, the Marchioness, had sunk in the Thames after being hit by a dredger and my sister had not yet been found.

That night in August 1989 triggered the most traumatic period of my life, and the lives of my parents. Four awful, anxious days later, Francesca's body was discovered by Battersea Bridge. At 19, she was the youngest of the 51 people to drown in the disaster. Her death was senseless and to us, utterly incomprehensible. It blew the family apart. She'd walked out of the door to go to a party and now, we'd never see her again."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ru...aved-rock-I-want-troubled-teens-save-too.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts