• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

laws of tackle (video)

Thanks for the videos! Anything that can help explain the sometimes confusing rules of Rugby is more than welcome!

Cheers :)

<div class='quotemain'> Thanks for the videos! Anything that can help explain the sometimes confusing laws of Rugby is more than welcome! [/b]

Stupid Saracen.
[/b][/quote]

Stupid enough to stay in the top four of the Guiness Premiership! :cheers:

at one time i thought that a player was banned for giving birth to the ball whilst on the floor??

this kind of thing seems really informative, especially for coaching kids.

<div class='quotemain'> Gee anyone have any idea about the tackle in the ELV for the S14? [/b]
Exactly the same mate, nothing changes at all in the tackle.
[/b][/quote]

What i dont understand is why refs dont apply the laws of tackeling properly-The rule is: If a player is lifted = penalty; if he is turned = yellow card; if he is then forced/dumbed/thrown shoulders/head-first onto the ground = RED card! this is nb-cause they are trying to do away with it completely-it can end a players career or potentially his life-yet the refs are leniant??-odriscoll was close to having his career ended thanks to umanga-i know at local club level there are a riduculous amount of injuries-and at school level it's worse-boys think its 'cool' to "U-bolt" (what we used to call it) and it was back then until people started getting paralyzed...

<div class='quotemain'> Gee anyone have any idea about the tackle in the ELV for the S14? [/b]
[/b][/quote]

Only that upon contact, the point of the tackle immediately becomes the offside line.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

Only that upon contact, the point of the tackle immediately becomes the offside line. [/b][/quote]

Wich is a nice way of rewarding speculative 50/50 passes after a break, since all the defense players running back are offside if they intercept the pass. 50/50 passes have to remain 50/50 passes I'd say.

thanks for post this videoclips. They are very instructive and I think the can help us to learna bit more about these wonderful game.
Thanks a lot. :cheers: :bravo:

great clips, really informative, certainly helped clear up a few questions
Thank you very much for the links

Latest posts