League of Nations

Discussion in 'International Test Matches' started by The Alpha Bro, Oct 10, 2018.

1. stus768

stus768 Senior Member

Nephew rather than son it says in the Times

• Like Like x 1
  2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. bushytop

bushytop Senior Member

Country Flag:

Wales

Club or Nation:

London Welsh

Any kind of relative is not wanted in Rugby.

4. mdaclarke

mdaclarke Senior Member

Country Flag:

Wales

Club or Nation:

Wales

My concern that is is all well and good for the Tier 1 teams but you only need one bad season and you are out and you loose all that revenue.

A big reward but a big risk. I can see why some unions are against it.

I could see a situation whereby the 10 tier 1 nations are protected and the Tier 2 nations are subject to promotion and relegation. A bit like (but not exactly the same as cricket with test status)

5. Bruce_ma_goose

Bruce_ma_goose Senior Member

Country Flag:

Scotland

Club or Nation:

Italy

I just saw the main reason why I think this competition will come into being. 35mins in to the championship decider in Wales and a big electronic advertising boarding announces "Peter's Pies".

Now I'm not knocking Peter, or his pies, but could you imagine similar advertising at a football European Championship? Unless Peter has incredibly deep pockets, he will only be contributing a fraction of the ad revenue that a global multinational would provide. This will be the push behind making the spring tournament continent wide and the year long tournament truly global via the two divisions.

• Like Like x 1
Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!