• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

League Sponsorship News

Peat

International
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Ulster
So apparently Celtic Rugby have registered the domain guinnesspro12.com ...

Sound. Guinness have lots of money.

I wonder if this is in any way motivated by Witherspoons' entrance into the Irish market (they're not serving Guinness.)

Would much rather have the 'Guinness Celtic League' as a name.

Would much rather have the 'Guinness Celtic League' as a name.

Same, do miss the "Magners Celtic League" days, Guinness added to that would be even better. Guess we can't go alienating the Italians just yet, even if Treviso are buggering off soon.

You know, the boys running the Pro 12 have done quite a decent bit of business over the last 12 months or so. This time last year the league was sponsored by an insurance company only operating in one of the four countries involved and the TV deals were rather hodgepodge. With Sky they've gotten one of the biggest broadcasters in world and a bloody brilliant hype generating team on board and in Guinness they've gotten a globally recognized brand and fantastic advertisers (of themselves at least) as ***le sponsors.

You can't say that watching the Guinness Pro12 on Sky Sports doesn't sound a little bit more legit than watching the Rabo on TG4 or S4C.

You know, the boys running the Pro 12 have done quite a decent bit of business over the last 12 months or so. This time last year the league was sponsored by an insurance company only operating in one of the four countries involved and the TV deals were rather hodgepodge. With Sky they've gotten one of the biggest broadcasters in world and a bloody brilliant hype generating team on board and in Guinness they've gotten a globally recognized brand and fantastic advertisers (of themselves at least) as ***le sponsors.

You can't say that watching the Guinness Pro12 on Sky Sports doesn't sound a little bit more legit than watching the Rabo on TG4 or S4C.

In fairness for years Guinness have invested heavily in rugby and I'm delighted our league really looks professionally set up now

As "legit" as the Sky broadcast looks compared to their small time local compatriots, I do feel like a little bit of me has died now that it's gone over to subscription tv. Being able to sit down and watching 2 to 4 of the Welsh teams across the weekend on BBC and S4C was brilliant.
Glad that Sky have been gracious enough to make sure S4C will still get games, but not likely to be any of the big ones. That said, as a Welsh speaker I love S4C's coverage, so even a few games taken away from them makes me sad. Pity most of you lot can't understand them as they're surprisingly unbiased. Would take their commentary team over any of the drivel Sky usually have to offer.

Anyone know when it will be determined which are the TV games. I've been a little bit spoiled having Ulster on the TV every week - especially the away games. Assuming that is about to change.

Anyone know when it will be determined which are the TV games. I've been a little bit spoiled having Ulster on the TV every week - especially the away games. Assuming that is about to change.

Possible that most teams will still be on every week as I think smaller stations like TG4 here can show what sky don't but I presume it'll only be like 3 weeks in advance.

000-Logo-Guinness-Pro12_rdax_80.jpg

Logo looks neat.

I really like the new branding, something bout the Guinness colours just oozes class. Got to say the guys in charge of the pro12 have done pretty well getting Guinness and Sky behind the competition.

Latest posts