• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

League star eyes place in England RWC squad

I saw the quotes of what Te'o said in the interview and to say he's "eyeing" the world cup is a stretch.
I think he just acknowledged that he's half English and that was about it!

Last edited:
Really poor choice of club if he wants to represent anyone other than Ireland or a tier 2 side.

What he said when asked about it:

''I am eligible for England, but that's a long shot, that World Cup,'' Te'o told the Brisbane Courier Mail.
''I've got no expectations of what I'm going to achieve. Like I said, I just want to go and have fun.
''If it eventuates, it does. If not, I'm just happy to play for Leinster and have fun.
''I just want to learn the game. I want to contribute to the new organisation I'm going to and I want to have fun.
''I want to be free, travel and meet new guys. It's all new experiences. I just want to be free.''

That and knowing why he left RL/Australia, suggests to me that he really isn't targeting it.

Last edited:
Really poor choice of clip if he wants to look good in a backline... Silly article really, Id be surprised if he has the start at Leinster by the time the RWC squads are being picked and then there's the whole Leinster being a bit too far west to be in England... Despite what @munstermuffin may say!

Last edited by a moderator:
So basically he's saying that if by some miracle he was offered a spot he'd take it, but it's wildly unlikely.

So basically he's saying that if by some miracle he was offered a spot he'd take it, but it's wildly unlikely.

Bingo!

Notice how the journo in the article doesn't actually include what Te'o said because it doesn't tally with his story.

Place in England RWC squad?? He's a Kiwi and is playing in Leinster!

Really poor choice of clip if he wants to look good in a backline... Silly article really, Id be surprised if he has the start at Leinster by the time the RWC squads are being picked and then there's the whole Leinster being a bit too far west to be in England... Despite what @munstermuffin may say!
I know my Geography but sure he will probably be fast tracked through Leinster as the new light at 13. From reports at weekend I've heard he will be ok at Union but his attributed won't be in SBW bracket for Union.

He has MASS:

1,88 m & 105 kg

141028015906847300.jpg

@BigEwis

I highly doubt he is going to be in the England squad any time soon, especially playing in Ireland.

Latest posts