• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leamy out for the rest if the season

M

MunsterMan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Ireland international number eight Denis Leamy has been ruled out of this term's Six Nations Championship, it was confirmed on Wednesday.

The Munster back-row forward suffered a serious knee injury during his team's Heineken Cup victory over Perpignan in France last Sunday.

And the 28-year-old could struggle to play again this season, with Munster expecting him to be sidelined for between four to six months.

Leamy was hurt during the build-up to wing Doug Howlett's try in the last play of a game that Munster won 37-14 at Stade Aime-Giral.

He underwent a scan on his knee the following day, and was operated on in a Dublin clinic on Tuesday.

His lengthy absence is a major blow for both Munster, who are chasing their third European ***le this term, and Ireland coach Declan Kidney.

Leamy is a valuable member of the Irish squad, featuring during their recent autumn Tests when he started against Fiji and made a substitute's appearance during the 20-20 draw with Australia.[/b]

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,1...5794814,00.html

f***ing shite news after that performance on Sunday :(

For Munster it's bad news but ye still have Quinlan, Wally, Ronan and Ryan. Not that concerned for Ireladn as I'm pretty confident that Sean O'Brien can step in and do a job if asked. It's not like Leamy starts or anything.

You can rule out Quinlan... He's bound to get himself banned any... second.... Oh, there he goes.

Plus he's dogshite.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Dec 23 2009, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You can rule out Quinlan... He's bound to get himself banned any... second.... Oh, there he goes.

Plus he's dogshite.[/b]

Even better for the men in red then. :D

Before I forget, I sympathise with Leamy. It's never nice to see that happen to anyone.

Did you watch this guy against Perpignan? He played like he hasn't for years, would have been a serious asset in the 6N whether he would have started or not, I would have picked him over Heaslip if he had kept playing like he did against Perpignan.

Much bigger loss for Munster, Donnacha Ryan in with Wallace playing 8 on our ball or Ronan to 7 and Wallace to 8.

One performance doesn't really make up for 2 years of crapness in my books.

Hardly 2 years of crapness either, an injury riddled two years that includes a try in a Heineken cup final and top notch performance in Ireland's first Grandslam win in 61 years ;)

He did more work in those 15 minutes than Leamy has in his entire career. Disagree and I will fight you.

3 O'Clock at the flagpole? I'm ready man, "I am a Judo Godan Black Belt and all round lunatic"

MF.com reference

Massive loss as Leamy was finding form and last Sunday was his best game in Munster jersey.

Big chance for Ryan or Ronan now to shine as both have bags of talent it all about showing it.

Bags of talent? Dunno about that to be honest. Ryan is a second-row who has never been able to get out of DOC or POC's shadow. He's been overtken by Mick O'Driscoll for God's sake! Ronan to be a top class player. Munster should be looking to replace Leamy with an internatonal class player and neither of those boys have proven themselves up to that level.

It'll be interesting to see how Munster cope with Leamy's injury. They could shift Wallace to number 8 but he's not as effective there and Niall Ronan coming in at 7 would make the backrow lightweight. Donnacha Ryan would unbalance the backrow were he to come in. My bet is that Munster bring Nick Williams back out of the wilderness and cross their fingers that he shows he's good enough for pro rugby. Thus far he's been a disasterous signing.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Dec 23 2009, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It'll be interesting to see how Munster cope with Leamy's injury. They could shift Wallace to number 8 but he's not as effective there and Niall Ronan coming in at 7 would make the backrow lightweight. Donnacha Ryan would unbalance the backrow were he to come in. My bet is that Munster bring Nick Williams back out of the wilderness and cross their fingers that he shows he's good enough for pro rugby. Thus far he's been a disasterous signing.[/b]

Snoop agree Nick williams is an AIL player not up to scratch at #8 and Feicarsinn obviously you don't see Ryan's natural position is 6.
My bet is Wally will go 8 with Ronan at 7 although a good christmas for nick Williams will see him get in.

All options considered Leamy will be a massive loss but well Contepomi was big loss last year in H'Cup semi=final and look out that has resulted eg. Mr. Sexton
So finger's crossed

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Dec 24 2009, 01:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Snoop agree Nick williams is an AIL player not up to scratch at #8 and Feicarsinn obviously you don't see Ryan's natural position is 6.
My bet is Wally will go 8 with Ronan at 7 although a good christmas for nick Williams will see him get in.

All options considered Leamy will be a massive loss but well Contepomi was big loss last year in H'Cup semi=final and look out that has resulted eg. Mr. Sexton
So finger's crossed[/b]
A left of centre option - could this be an opportunity for Peter O'Mahony who was outstanding in captaining Ireland u20s from No.8 last season? He has buckets of ability and is a future international in waiting.

Is he registered for Heineken Cup action? I doubt Munster would give him that much game time in the league if not.

Latest posts