• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lee Byrne Injured?

Suspected broken toe from what I heard! Hope to see him back soon, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him miss the first couple of 6 Nations games.

At least we have Halfpenny!

Thats a bit of a kick in the teeth for Wales then. Best fullback in the NH and arguably the world missing.

One positive is that we can have Roberts at fullback and Halfpenny at 14. A nice combination that should be tested:

Peel
Jones
Shane
Henson
Shanklin
Halfpenny
Roberts

It doesn't look so bad after all. Hopefully Byrne won't be the same blow that Henson was in the AI's...

In fairness, he's not been that bad recently. Though I still hope someone emerges and replaces him in the future.

Lee Thomas (if he comes back and continues in the same vain as the start of the season), Andrew Bishop (if he keeps up his form), Roberts (should be replacing him anyway, but has been injured for a while), Gareth Owen (needs some experience first, but could be class in the future) and Jon Davies (if he ever meets his much lauded potential).

There are many candidates, but none as of yet are really fit to take Shanklin's spot, unless he plays **** for Wales in the 6N like he's done for 8 months.

Shanklin's form of late has been amazing for the Blues! Proving his critics wrong!

I personally blame Mike Phillips for Byrne's injury the clumsy twat stood on his foot!

Well there was apparently no need for him to go to hospital in France so its unlikely to be a break.

Latest posts