• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lee Robinson to Leicester

Must be disheartening to see players jumping ship, especially after them sticking around last season
Hopefully the leaving players don't weaken Bristol too much, so that they can still contend for promotion (Worcester/Bristol next year would be cool, as Sixways is only 45mins or so away, so i can go and watch part of the final :p )

The way we were financed it would only be a 1 year effort with the players who were relegated with us, now that our stay in the Championship will be extended the fact that players will leave was inevitable, all we dont know is who and how many.

For the next season all players staying will be taking a paycut and new signings (none of the ones confirmed before the non-promotion have confirmed they will be joining) will be few and far between so the focus for us now will be the develpoment of our youth players, luckily we have some good prospects. Jack Gadd, Mako Vanupola (sp), Jack Adams et al will be key to see where Bristol Rugby will be in 3-5 seasons time.

Worcester will be a mightily tough cahllenge, historically games between us have been close and tough games. I rememebr going to Worcs and seeing David Knox get sent off for thumping a Worcs player ( we were also flaming robbed as I think it was Gareth Baber scored a perfectly good try in front of me and was ruled out.)

This summer could be a crucial summer in Bristol's future.

Latest posts