England
Club or Nation
Northampton
Leeds Carnegie v Sale Sharks
Leeds.png
Sale.png

Friday 22nd October 2010, KO 19:45, Headingley Carnegie

espn.png

Pretty much a full strength Sale side with Tait back now (still got a few out, like Gaskell, but hey ho)
Never know with Leeds (or Sale) what's going to happen,
Hopefully a BP win, but it could easily be a divisible-by-three game even if Sale did get 21 tries in their last two matches together :p

edit: Just as I say that, it's announced Tait is having more scans on his knee, as it's reinjured itself playing on the weekend =/

Last edited:
Leeds Carnegie have four changes to their line-up that lost to Stade Francais for this Friday's Aviva Premiership clash with Sale at Headingley.

Michael Stephenson reverts to the wing in place of Semi Tadulala to allow Ceiron Thomas to start at full-back whilst Scott Mathie, who scored in Leeds' win over Sale at the end of last term, returns at scrum-half.

In the forwards, Kearnan Myall comes in for Jon Pendlebury at blindside flanker whilst Daniel Browne is at number eight in place of Rhys Oakley.

There is some good news for Leeds Carnegie on the bench, with Phil Swainston, Danny Paul and Scott Barrow all returning from injury.

Meanwhile, Sale have named young prop Henry Thomas on their bench with the England U20 representative set make his debut if he is called upon.

Neil Briggs leads the side from hooker alongside Andrew Sheridan and Karena Wihongi while scrum-half Will Cliff accompanies Charlie Hodgson.

"Leeds Carnegie are looking for a first Premiership win to kick start their season, and we've picked a squad to compete," said coach Mike Brewer.

"Leeds have a pretty consistent set piece - good scrum and lineout. Against Stade, I was quite impressed how they kept ball in hand, and made a couple of key breaks."

Form: Leeds achieved a first ever victory over the Sharks in their most recent meeting at Edgeley Park in February. The Yorkshiremen have managed just the one victory so far this season, 23-9, in Bucharest in the European Challenge Cup two weeks ago. Leeds have not won in Aviva Premiership Rugby since their 12-10 victory against relegated Worcester on 25 April. Sale Sharks have won their last two games in the European Challenge Cup against Spanish side El Salvador and Italian outfit Petrarca Padova, but in the Premiership the Sharks have won just once since the opening day: 21-17 at home to Harlequins in round three. Sale have not won away from home in the Premiership since they last visited Headingley Carnegie on 22 November 2009, with a 24-17 scoreline.

The teams:

Leeds Carnegie: 15 Ceiron Thomas, 14 Michael Stephenson, 13 James Tincknell, 12 Luther Burrell, 11 Lee Blackett, 10 Lachlan Mackay, 9 Scott Mathie, 8 Daniel Browne, 7 Hendre Fourie, 6 Kearnan Myall, 5 Marco Wentzel (capt), 4 Tom Denton, 3 Juan Gomez, 2 Steve Thompson, 1 Gareth Hardy.
Replacements: 16 Andy ***terrell, 17 Miguel Alonso, 18 Phil Swainston, 19 Danny Paul, 20 Rhys Oakley, 21 Warren Fury, 22 Scott Barrow, 23 Henry Faafili.

Sale Sharks: 15 Paul Williams, 14 Ben Cohen, 13 Nick Macleod, 12 Anitelea Tuilagi, 11 Mark Cueto, 10 Charlie Hodgson, 9 Will Cliff, 8 Sisaro Koyamaibole, 7 Neil McMillan, 6 Carl Fearns, 5 Nic Rouse, 4 Wame Lewaravu, 3 Karena Wihongi, 2 Neil Briggs (capt), 1 Andrew Sheridan.
Replacements: 16 Aston Croall, 17 Henry Thomas, 18 Jack Forster, 19 Kristian Ormsby, 20 Chris Brightwell, 21 Chris Leck, 22 Chris Bell, 23 Tom Brady.

Date: Friday, October 22
Kick-off: 19:45 BST
Venue: Headingley Carnegie
Referee: Jérôme Garces (France)

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3823_6458112,00.html

Agreed.
The balls spent more time on the floor than in anyones hands.

Also, how is it that we get the only Tuilagi that can't play bloody rugby!
If he's not scuppering trys by being selfish, he's basically throwing the bloody thing forwards whenever anyone comes near him.

So Austin Healey is being critical of the fly half not being up on the gain line, yet earlier waxed lyrical about Jonny Wilkinson being brilliant even though he always sits deep. Make your mind up you dozy Scouse Plonker!

Ceiron Thomas looks like Andy Goode without the Woodwork Teacher hairstyle.

Lol, Sheridan is so bad at scrummaging he doesn't even flinches at the prospect now! :lol:

Andrew Sheridan - "The worlds premier loosehead".

Bullshit

Brace yourself!!!!!!

3-6
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Leeds really look like a team who can't be bothered. Sale have done nothing but gift them the ball all match and they've done absolutely nothing with it.

Shows that League converts AREN'T the Holy Grail like they previously were described in certain corners...

Aye, glad I didn't bother to watch this. Especially with Stephen Fry having being on the BBC earlier.

Worst game of rugby I've ever seen. Absolutely abysmal. Leeds to go down.

Call that Rugby Union?

If Leeds (and Sale) supporters would like a taste of the game as it should be played, I suggest they make the short trip to Morley next Saturday! /><O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>
A good open game of rugby guaranteed, with the added bonus of seeing something that is a rarity in Premiership Rugby........ the total object of the game.....TRYS!!!
All this, and a Carvery lunch for around £15
Where can you get this sort of value for money in the RFU’s depository?

Instead olf going to watch the teams THEY support?

If they want to see rugby as it should be played (or just simply have value for money) I suggest they change their allegiances.
ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
It’s very likely some of their young stars-to-be will be playing there anyway.

If someone suggested I "change my allegence", I'd sugget in return that they'd "Sod off". I susppect the Leeds and Sale fans would recommend similar.

Latest posts