• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

'Legends' mode

DuncTheDoodle

First XV
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Ospreys
How about each international team in the game having a 'Legends' XV, of their greatest retired players, and we could have a seperate World Cup or Six/Tri Nations competitons with these teams? I know it would be a bit of an issue with Samoa, Canada, etc., who don't really have any notable ex-players that I could think of, but for the 10 major teams, it could be quite fun.

That, and we could finally get a 99-rated player in the form of Gareth Edwards. :p

canada no noteable players are forgetting Ed Fairhurst!!

Upon reading the word legend the name that sprung to mind was fergus slattery :p

... Or just Gareth Edwards, yeah?

Well Barry John too obv! :)

gareth edwards is absolute class yes....

fergus slattery however is one of my heroes ....himself, edwards ,mcbride , and later campeese are lads up for the 99 tag...lomu too :p

No honestly im not well versed in the older players so I dont know too much about him atall atall but im fairly sure its the guy im thinking about........apologies for this :p

Barry John!!

was drinking with him in a pub in cardiff watching the ospreys play in heineken cup this year. Cracking bloke, didn't figure who he was till half time :D :D
like the legends mode :D :D would defo cause a stir with some positions tho.... as in if (for example) Shane Williams retired now this minute would he be exempt from being categorised as a legend ( Wales' top scorer etc etc) and i guess the same with anyone thats recently retired in last 5 years. But would love to play as a proper legends team. LOMU (again still playing but a 1995-2002 ish era) on next gen... wonder if you could hand off the whole team like on JLR :D awesome stuff :D

Would probably be too time consuming to implement this into the game on release, good idea though, maybe a mode that could be added as downloadable content at a later date to keep people interested and playing

Buck Shelford, Grant Fox, Jonah Lomu, Christian Cullen, John Kirwan, Andrew Mehrtens, Carlos Spencer, Inga, Tana Umaga, Colin Meads, Waka Nathan, Sean Fitzpatrick - to name a few - come to mind.

As I've mentioned before, it's this feature which would make the game great for me. My roster is hardly up to date, I have Cullen, Umaga, Lomu, Marshall, Taine Randell, Jerry Collins and Anton Olliver in my starting team alone, while on the bench and reserves I have Thorn, Wilson, Kelleher, Meeuws, Mehrtens, Howlett and Sommerville. I love to see players of the past play against players of today, for the simple reason I couldn't see it any where else except a video game. If I was going to suggest legends, here they are-
Modern Era (Most important to me and in bold)
Sean Fitzpatrik
Olo Brown
Carl Hayman
Richard Loe
Keese Meeuws
Robin Brooke
Ian Jones
Michael Jones
Josh Kronfeld
Zinzan Brooke
Justin Marshall
Byron Kelleher
Andrew Mehrtens
Carlos Spencer
Jonah Lomu
Tana Umaga
Christian Cullen
Jeff Wilson
Doug Howlett

Pre Modern Era
Gary Knight
Wilson Whineray
Andy Haden
Colin Meads
Waka Nathan
Mark Shaw
David Kirk
Don Clark
John Kirwin
Ron Jarden
George Nepia

Obviously it's unlikely this feature will be added, never mind all my choice of players, but it'd be pretty special if they were added. That's my NZ legend team, however maybe a team from a big year, like NZ's 1995 or 1999 team could be added, they were pretty star studded.

Not surprising. He's an alcoholic :(

Yer so i heard, cracking bloke and player tho.... shame his career (from what i'm told) ended pre maturely due to the alcohol.... like most welsh rugby boys come to think of it :p

my starting 15 for wales would be the obvious choices except maybe a centre partnership of Gibbs and Grav :D and a massive debate on who would play 10 - John, Bennet, Davies, Jenkins???
guess it would depend on what style of rugby the "legends wales team" would play.

if it would be unlockable players i think the 2 must hav's would definitely have to be Gareth Edwards and ANY of the 10's i've mentioned above :D

How much would people actually use this feature? I would rather have this time spent on creating a lower tier compation in each county so you can play in the championship then the premership rather than HB's resources being spent on being able to play the 03 england team for just 1 off games.

To go back and create a legends team for each country would be quite time consuming considering the amount you'd actually use it.

I'd use it constantly to be honest. In fact if those players were added to any squad, with out the competition or mod, I'd be even more happy.

I'd use it constantly to be honest. In fact if those players were added to any squad, with out the competition or mod, I'd be even more happy.

I would play you online with my "Leicester Legends" team.

Latest posts