• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

'Legends' patch for rugby 06 and 08

yeah !!!! i've been waiting for such a topic for ages (since rugby 06 in fact) !!!

i've done such things for PES on playstation, doing about 20 classic teams.

the problem for rugby 08 is that every player in these teams are star players. i was wondering if its possible to duplicate star players in the game. it seems there are three types of them : impact, kicker and runner ...

i could help a bit for france

1.califano
2.ibanez
3.marconnet
4.pelous
5.merle
6.benetton
7.rives
8.benazzi
9.galthié
10.lamaison
11.dominici
12.lacroix
13.sella
14.st andré
15.blanco
brouzet
n'tamack
sadourny
camberabero
dourthe
villepreux
magne
bernat salles
[/b]

Fouroux
Betsen
Lagisquet
Mesnel

I know we cant put every one but if you put Marconnet you gotta consider one of the listed guys above :eek:)

IRELAND!

1. Syd Millar
2. Keith Wood
3. John Hayes
4. Willie-John McBride
5. Paul O'Connell
6. Simon Easterby (i don't rate him much but there's no one else i don't think)
7. Fergus Slattery
8. Willie Duggan
9. Peter Stringer
10. Jack Kyle
11. Denis Hickie
12. Mike Gibson
13. Brian O'Driscoll
14. Tony O'Reilly
15. Thomas Kiernan

16. Shane Bryne (for his mullet!!)
17. Phil Orr
18. Malcolm O'Kelly
19. Denis Leamy
20. Isaac Boss (i honestly can't think of a memorable scrum half from Ireland ;))
21. Tony Ward or David Humphreys?
22. Gordon D'Arcy

Latest news on this patch is that i will probably make it for 08.

It is much better suited to 08 than 06.

I am getting a copy of 08 soon i hope and i hear there is a challenge mode for Rugby World Cup. So i can also maybe try to edit that to put different teams in that, like Samoa trying to hold a lead vs England in 2003 for example.

Also, as every international team has two sets of kits, there won't be a problem, as you can play the current World Cup with older RWC teams (like 1999 for example) or you can edit the normal teams with this patch or both!

Obviously it will take some time, but i hope i can at least do some teams like AB's, England and major nations.

Well, i am leaning towards 08 because the World Cup license and the retro World Cup patches will look and work much better on 08 than 06. 06 does not really have a nice RWC mode.

The only problem is.. do i overwrite the World Cup kits or do i overwrite the normal kits..? this will be a question i will pose to downloaders of the patch.

I will probably overwrite the World Cup kits thinking about it, as most of the patches will be retro World Cups.

I now have 08 on my PC and will get around to get around to this patch as soon as poss. I do have a life away from this forum.. supposedly. :)

Ok, an update on legends patch. It is in full-swing.

I have made several retro kits and i will post them in due time on my EARSC website. I will make them so they overwrite the exhibition kits, not RWC mode because i don't have a full set or RWC teams, just maybe 16 or so of the better teams or teams i can find images for.

I am updating a roster as we speak, but am also working on MUP. If i get bored of one, i do the other.. that is how it will work.

Ok, an update on legends patch. It is in full-swing.

I have made several retro kits and i will post them in due time on my EARSC website. I will make them so they overwrite the exhibition kits, not RWC mode because i don't have a full set or RWC teams, just maybe 16 or so of the better teams or teams i can find images for.

I am updating a roster as we speak, but am also working on MUP. If i get bored of one, i do the other.. that is how it will work.
[/b]

Awesome, can't wait to see what you have.
I was honestly surprised EA didn't do something like this in 08, I mean it's such a great idea.

I was honestly surprised EA didn't do something like this in 08, I mean it's such a great idea. [/b]

EA had a great oportunity to do that with the challenge mode, it would habe been nice to play the challenge mode with the original squads that played those games.

Latest posts