• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leicester ban Ellis for one week

He new damn well what he was doing. You cant do it, that deliberately, that slowly, by accident.

What a pile of ******** any other player would have been handed a hefty fine and ban ... it wonders who sit's on these committees!

What a pile of ******** any other player would have been handed a hefty fine and ban ... it wonders who sit's on these committees!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Dec 17 2008, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What a pile of ******** any other player would have been handed a hefty fine and ban ... it wonders who sit's on these committees![/b]

He's been cited so expect further punishment. I quite like Ellis but that was a stupid 'tackle' and he's very lucky that he didn't end up causing serious damage to Carter!

Don't forget this isn't the first time his thuggish behavior has come to light, I believe a few seasons ago he was cought out stamping on somebodys head against Italy.

Do you know wether the ERC will take into account this self-banning, for example if they dedice to ban him two weeks will they reduce to one week considering this banning? I think this happened in the past.

If this is the case I find this very clever from Leicester, they can decide when banning applies and I am sure this week-end match is not expected to be difficult and they can cummulate resting and banning for this key player.

Of course, it's very magnanimous to ban him for a match against a high flying team like Newcastle at home. A game he proberby wouldn't feature in anyway.

A tackle like that deserves 6 weeks if consistancy from the panels is anything to judge. Let's see if that's the case with the 6 Nations only on the horizon...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 18 2008, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Of course, it's very magnanimous to ban him for a match against a high flying team like Newcastle at home. A game he proberby wouldn't feature in anyway.

A tackle like that deserves 6 weeks if consistancy from the panels is anything to judge. Let's see if that's the case with the 6 Nations only on the horizon...[/b]

well so long as he's around to play for england ;)

Teh Mite, unlike an IRB/GP citing commission, the ERC commission is not packed full of Englishmen, so who knows, we might see a fair decision :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Dec 19 2008, 01:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Teh Mite, unlike an IRB/GP citing commission, the ERC commission is not packed full of Englishmen, so who knows, we might see a fair decision :)[/b]

Well it had some credibility before the competition started with the Tincu affair it has lost it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Dec 19 2008, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Teh Mite, unlike an IRB/GP citing commission, the ERC commission is not packed full of Englishmen, so who knows, we might see a fair decision :)[/b]

I'll bet Probyn and Blackett still have some say in the decision.

There you go, a ban that is consistent with the severity of the offence. What was all the moaning about Teh?

Makes a bloody change.

Pitty though, that means Leicester may have a compitent SH on the field on Jan 10th. :(

I dont think it would make much difference if they played Ben Kay at SH for that game. The result is a no-brainer.

Latest posts