• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leicester sign Flood from Falcons

C

Cymro

<div align="center">Leicester sign Flood from Falcons</div>
<div align="center">
_44736130_flood_203_get.jpg
</div>

<div align="center"> Leicester Tigers have confirmed the signing of England back Toby Flood from Newcastle Falcons.

The 22-year-old can play in a number of positions, but is expected to challenge Andy Goode for the number 10 shirt.

Flood has established himself as a member of the England squad and is currently with the national team for the tour of New Zealand.

"Leicester is a world-class club and the ambition of the club is very exciting for me," said Flood.

He added: "I am sad to leave home and to leave Newcastle where I have very fond memories, but at this stage of my rugby career a new challenge is very important.

"This is an exciting challenge and it is one that I could not turn down. I am looking forward to getting stuck in at Leicester in pre-season training."

Flood will be joined at Leicester by back-row forward Ben Woods, who has also left Newcastle, while Mathew Tait has moved from the Falcons to Sale Sharks.

The Tigers are without a coach having parted company with Marcelo Loffreda following an indifferent season.

But Leicester chairman Peter Tom is sure the addition of Tait will help Leicester bring home some silverware to Welford Road next term.

"Toby Flood is an ambitious and talented young player with good experience at Premiership and international level.

"We are sure he will be a valuable addition to an already competitive squad and we are looking forward to his arrival in preparation for the new season."

Flood made his England debut in 2006 but has not been selected to face New Zealand on Saturday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_unio...ish/7447781.stm
</div>

Great signing. Falcons look even worse next season with Tait and now Flood gone.

Didn't see that coming. <_< Newcastle's relegation next year is confirmed.

What are you talking about this will give Wilko all the time he truly needs to once again become world class :rolleyes:

With Andy Goode leaving for Brive (is that official ?) and Hernandez resigning to Stade Français, I guess he will play at fly half for them ?

Todeschini perhaps from Montpellier?

Either that or they are thinking outside the box and have signed Diego Maradona lol

I heard that a 20 years old fly half from Deportivo Frances (where Hernandez comes from) had a two months try out at Leicester, his name is Ignacio Mieres. But maybe his potential arrival has gone up in smoke with the departure of Loffreda...

Ignacio Mieres had a trial with the tigers at the end of the season, but hasnt been signed properly and has now joined stade francais, so tigers only have hougard and flood (who will be away with england so half the season) as their main flyhalfs, though they do have a few players who can fill in if needed, would prefer them to get a backup flyhalf from the academy or something though, just as cover
flood is hopefully going to be a very good signing for them, young and english - the future for newcastle isnt looking so good though!

Flood will spend most of the season not playing thanks to the RFU decreeing that all England Elite players must be rested for 78 weeks per year.

In reality though, he won't have much problems ousting Mauger for the 12 slot.

Flood will spend most of the season not playing thanks to the RFU decreeing that all England Elite players must be rested for 78 weeks per year.
[/b]

Quality :lol2tn:

I think Flood will do great things at Leicester and Falcons are in trouble now

And with Tait going to Sale, the only thing left is Noon and Wilko. Steve Jones can step up to. Good to see some of the Reivers land on their feet.

Doc

Well land on their feet in National Division one, which is where they'll be playing next year ;)

Latest posts