• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leicester Tigers - Northampton Saints (03/12/2011, 14:15)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Aviva Premiership.png

Welford Road (03/12/2011, 14:15)
Leicester.png
Versus Prem.png
Northampton.png

Live on ESPN​

Last edited:
Very intense game, Ashton up to his antics once again by pulling Tuliagi by his hair leading to a brawl and two reds to Tuilagi and Wood. The rest of the action was pretty exciting as well, some good forwards work and excting tries.

I didn't understand Woods red at all, if anyone it should have been Geordan Murphy
I lost all respect for him in that match - repeatedly punching people in the back of the head, and then got away with it
Then went on to tackle Foden off the ball for Tigers to score the winning try (while getting "treatment" in Saints 22, a good 50m from the action, as soon as Tigers started running towards the tryline his injury soon cleared up and he tackled Foden)

If there's any justice then a fair few Tigers players will not be seeing game time very soon.

Lawes, Wood and (maybe) Ashton will probably get cited, despite doing less than 1% of what Murphy did

Not watched the replay yet, but:

- I was sitting up in the gods on the new stand... I'm never going onto the Crumbly ever again. Great view, friendly people (I know, in Leicester even! Then again, there was one miserable prat behind me who got upset because I jumped up to celebrate Dowsons try. **** off!) and the beer wasn't half bad.
380400_10150998702200321_691650320_21423575_802423535_n.jpg

- However, despite the great view, because I needed an Oxygen mask at that altitude I couldn't see any of the scrapping. Whispers tell me that Ashton pulled the Samoan Gibbons hair - Serves the great ponce right for playing with Long hair. Maybe he can wear an Alice band in his next match.
- Lamb is going up in my estimation with each game. The cock up with lead to the 3rd Tigs try must've been directly related to the knock he received moments before (on replay no doubt I will proven wrong, but I stand by that for now!)
- Myler is way too obsessed with putting boot to ball. No wonder he's 2nd fiddle to Lamb. Kicking it at the end was the most rediculous idea I've ever seen.
- May and Pisi are a very good centre combo.
- Saints clearly missed the Fetcher more then Tigers missed the Winger.

But, above all that, what a superb game of rugby contested by 2 very VERY good sides. Shove your Super 15 up your arse, there won't be anything that exciting down there. Ever.

Will atcually watch the highlights tonight rather than record it and forget about it. I've got 3 weeks to catch up on :lol:

- However, despite the great view, because I needed an Oxygen mask at that altitude I couldn't see any of the scrapping. Whispers tell me that Ashton pulled the Samoan Gibbons hair - Serves the great ponce right for playing with Long hair. Maybe he can wear an Alice band in his next match.
My impression was:

Ashton made the tackle nearish the touchline
Started to drag Tuilagi by his shirt, lost his grip, grabbed whatever he could (his hair) and dragged him hair into the barriers
Tuilagi gets up and they both grab each other and Tuilagi starts punching Ashton
Lawes shoulder charges Tuilagi to try and break them up (but hit Ashton instead) and then starts grappling with Tuilagi/hitting him
Other Tigers players and Saints players arrive to try and break it up
Geordan Murphy starts punching everyone in a Saints shirt, despite no one paying him any attention

Didn't see Wood throw a punch, just saw him trying to pull people out of the big bundle of players - he could well have done as I had three matches on the go, so wasn't paying massive attention to it, but to my eyes he was involved in barely anything in the fight

Last edited:

Apologies for the awful quality. Clearly Aston drags Tuilagi into touch by his hair. He reacts by trying to throw a punch or two and the first one to arrive at the scene is Lawes who starts punching as well. At 10 seconds into the video we see Murphy just punching anything and a small child (ball-boy) getting caught up in the fight as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Richard Cockerill has said, in an interview, "Alesana clearly didn't throw any punches"

Think he needs some new specs!

Looked more like a shoulder charge and headlock from Lawes then a punch (it's a pretty shitty punch if it was one).

Ashton and Tuilagi. Naughty Naughty, but having long hair is still poofish and a stupid thing to wear when playing a contact sport. In the part leading up did he try to grab the shirt and got the hair instead or was it intentional?

The Murphy punches are amusing.

Leicester fullbacks have a habit of this. Remember a game against Stade Francais a few years back, fracas on the Stade try line, Tim Stimpson runs 60 meters to get involved and gets laid out as soon s he gets there. Much lols

I expect Leicester to now come shooting back up the table into the top 4, next matches are Sale, Worcester, Wasps and Exeter, will be favourites to win all of those

Whispers tell me that Ashton pulled the Samoan Gibbons hair - Serves the great ponce right for playing with Long hair. Maybe he can wear an Alice band in his next match.

what a silly post

gibbon?

great ponce?

internet-tough-guy.jpg

and by the way and alice band makes the front bit of hair short not the back

Great game, did think Northampton were very very hard done by though. And why Tuilagi and not Murphy got sent off, we shall never know :p.

I expect Leicester to now come shooting back up the table into the top 4, next matches are Sale, Worcester, Wasps and Exeter, will be favourites to win all of those

t
what a silly pos

gibbon?

great ponce?

internet-tough-guy.jpg

and by the way and alice band makes the front bit of hair short not the back
Awww, bless ducky

Did I upset you? Maybe you can forget your login details again then tell everyone I deleted your account. Again.

Hypocritical ****wit.

What a ******. Long hair = ****! Have a chat with Adam Jones. Gibbons? Get a life where everything isn't run by Wasps

So Ashton has got 4 weeks for his hair pulling 'tackle'.

Not tha I think it should be any longer really, but convenient that he will be back to gain some form for the six nations.

Absolutely ridiculous.
If that's four weeks then Geordan Murphy should be gone for a year, at least.

Ashton's was 2 week at best (I would say 0 weeks, to be honest - maybe a yellow if the ref picks up on it, but even that would be pushing it)

What leaves me wondering is how Lawes got away scot free, seeing as it was he who turned a two/ three man incident into a brawl.

Anyways, should have been a few more citings, as you say Murphy was one of if not the worst offender.

In other news, Dowsons got a fortnight for the Goode tackle in the Sarries game (Cue. *****ing Welshmen that Warberton got 3 weeks). There abouts right for the tackle.

Wood and Baldy up before HRH Hanging judge tonight or tomorrow.

Latest posts