• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leicester Tigers - Northampton Saints (03/12/2011, 14:15)

Wouldn't be good news for Saints to lose both Dowson and Wood...

I have a feeling that Wood will get off (or at least he should) and they'll say the red card was punishment enough

Tuilagi should get a similar ban to Ashton, if all is right in the world

Edit:

Wood and Tuilagi both free to play

Agulla, Murphy and Lawes got Level 1 citings: the equivalent of yellow cards, meaning they're free to play as well

Last edited:
So then what's the point of Level 1 citings?

To give fans/ coaches more to moan about what referees door do not do?

Seems that way - I don't really see the point in them either
They could just say "what you did was wrong, but not enough to get banned" without slapping some made up ***le on it

Im suprised at this, the intital punch up was just a bit of handbags and no one should have been sent off, perhaps Murphy and Lawes to the bin but I didnt and still dont see Wood or Tuilagi land a punch and so what if they did? Ashton should have expected it pulling his hair. That leads me to the next stupid thing....4 weeks! 4 weeks for a bit of a hair pull. The game is slowly turning into football with every minor skirmish being lambasted by the tabloid press and over reactive Rugby 'fans' who have probably never played the game.

It was a great local derby made all the more better after a little punch up if people are soooooooo offended by it they follow the wrong sport

Four weeks that is harsh.

Maybe the IRB should force all players to have skin heads, it would prevent this kind of incident and prevent harm to the players.

The two main parts of the Ashton offence the panel should have taken into consideration are as follows.

If you are mad and crazy enough to have long hair or a beard and play rugby. At some point an opposition player is going to attempt to remove clumps of it.

If you are mad and crazy enough to attempt to do the above in front of the TV or the ref you have commited a school boy error by getting caught
biggrin.gif

Four weeks that is harsh.

Maybe the IRB should force all players to have skin heads, it would prevent this kind of incident and prevent harm to the players.

The two main parts of the Ashton offence the panel should have taken into consideration are as follows.

If you are mad and crazy enough to have long hair or a beard and play rugby. At some point an opposition player is going to attempt to remove clumps of it.

If you are mad and crazy enough to attempt to do the above in front of the TV or the ref you have commited a school boy error by getting caught
biggrin.gif

dude dont talk rubbish. to actively grab someones hair and drag them off the pitch by it takes effort. you cant accidently do it.

dude dont talk rubbish. to actively grab someones hair and drag them off the pitch by it takes effort. you cant accidently do it.
TBF, the replay looked more like a instintive grab to get any purchace he could rather then pre-meditated *****-fighting. You see people being yanked around by scrum caps all the time for the same reason.

Answer me this - why in the womens game does the law state long hair has to be tied back and under a scrum hat etc. but in the lens game there is no ruling at all?

Dude don't talk rubbish. Read what I said at least. At what point have I said it was an accident.

I said if you have long hair or a beard you are likely to get it grabbed while playing rugby on purpose by the other team. To do this would take effort to drag them off the pitch.
So no mention of an accident there then.

My next point is that if you do the above, and get caught doing it. Then that is your own fault for getting caught.
So no mention of an accident there then either.

Please feel free to tell me where and at what point I said it was an accident.

Latest posts