• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leicester Tigers Thread

So 2.

Ford playing very well but then so is Williams. Both young Ford shown signs of crumbling at times (Against us at Welford Road).

Waldrom playing very well but only when on the front foot.

Agree about Ford but Waldrom would have been a real asset this season as Crane just doesnt have his carrying ability. You also have 36 who admittidly is out of form, Agulla we were told went so he could play international rugby but signed for Bath and still played in the 4N.

Im sure you can bat these off but it gets slightly frustrating seeing players like Parling leave and we are struggling outside the play offs.

Agulla went because for the money he wanted Tigers didn't want to spend it on a player that would be away for the first (How many months) when we have Ayerza already away.

(Also something about him being a non kolpak-Eu player didn't help)

I just don't see the point in getting worked up when the season isn't over and we havn't announced any signings (Which we never do this early).

Parling going should free up a lot of cap.

Agulla went because for the money he wanted Tigers didn't want to spend it on a player that would be away for the first (How many months) when we have Ayerza already away.

(Also something about him being a non kolpak-Eu player didn't help)

I just don't see the point in getting worked up when the season isn't over and we havn't announced any signings (Which we never do this early).

Parling going should free up a lot of cap.

Yeah it will but we will have to spend a lot of that freed up cap to get a like for like replacement.

So why lose such a good player? Is the club having financial problems?

I'm guessing they do and it's called the wage cap; I don't think Leicester could pay Parling what he's worth, get else what they need and stay under.

Apparently Tigers are losing more players, and also backroom staff + interns, at the end of the season - all is not well behind the scenes.

Bad management. Don't think it's a Cockers issue, but higher up.
This is all just general clubhouse talk, mind.

Last edited:
Bad management. Don't think it's a Cockers issue, but higher up.
This is all just general clubhouse talk, mind.

Have to say that such things happen because the senior management is cr@p rather than the rugby orientated management.......and I am no great fan of Cockers........look at Biarritz!!!!

I'm guessing they do and it's called the wage cap; I don't think Leicester could pay Parling what he's worth, get else what they need and stay under.
I'm not convinced. With the £500k cap increase and second marquee player added, and with Salvi, Tait, Gibson and Parling already gone, Thorn and Deacon maybe retiring and Croft rumoured to be leaving too and movement of wider squad players, Tigers may be looking at somewhere in the region of £1.5-2m to spend. And that's at a time when all of the other top Premiership teams are scrambling to spend their extra marquee player and £500k too. The desire to spend to the cap is one thing, competing with top teams for the few players is another really.

I'm not convinced. With the £500k cap increase and second marquee player added, and with Salvi, Tait, Gibson and Parling already gone, Thorn and Deacon maybe retiring and Croft rumoured to be leaving too and movement of wider squad players, Tigers may be looking at somewhere in the region of £1.5-2m to spend. And that's at a time when all of the other top Premiership teams are scrambling to spend their extra marquee player and £500k too. The desire to spend to the cap is one thing, competing with top teams for the few players is another really.

Maybe. I think Tigers need a big overhaul and that some of those names weren't on so much. Famously Tigers pay under the odds because they offer the best chances of England and silverware. That's no longer so true plus of course, they now need to compete with French clubs for non-England contention players. I've seen one Tigers fan suggest that Tait will be tripling his pay at Bayonne and that wasn't because Bayonne were offering the kitchen sink. Start paying the market odds for Parling and Tait and that money disappears pretty quick. And, while they're fantastic players, maybe its not surprising if Leicester are looking elsewhere, particularly considering ages and injury profile. Although, if there's more going on, that wouldn't surprise me either.

Salvi isn't gone yet!

Apparently Tigers are losing more players, and also backroom staff + interns, at the end of the season - all is not well behind the scenes.

A lot of the talk is down to people thinking Mauger will bring in his own staff.

Also Murphy stating now he wants to stay. (Not directed at you just in general).

- - - Updated - - -

Tigs Man;704466[B said:
]Salvi isn't gone yet[/B]!

A lot of the talk is down to people thinking Mauger will bring in his own staff.

Also Murphy stating now he wants to stay. (Not directed at you just in general).

- - - Updated - - -

where is he rumoured to be going? Also what was the thinking behind Gibson letting a young player like him go?

Don't know the club since Bayonne fans saying their not sure. But Japan and France both linked.

Doubt the club let Gibson go.

Brad Thorn - 40 today

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>A very happy 40th birthday to Tigers and World Cup-winning <a href="https://twitter.com/AllBlacks">@AllBlacks</a> lock Brad Thorn <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Tigersfamily?src=hash">#Tigersfamily</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/legend?src=hash">#legend</a> <a href="http://t.co/rgipgJcLxm">pic.twitter.com/rgipgJcLxm</a></p>&mdash; Leicester Tigers (@LeicesterTigers) <a href="https://twitter.com/LeicesterTigers/status/562540102787039232">February 3, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Is it just me or is Cockerill trying single-handedly to destroy the once-great Leicester Tigers? I just saw that Salvi has gone to Exeter. So in the last two years he has let 3 of Leicester's best forwards move to a team that is now above them in the table. It looks like he will lose Croft as well (although I understand that one), which would be ok if he hadn't lose Gibson to their main rivals. And that's without mentioning the backs - yes, Wiliams has been decent, but Burns for Ford was madness - if Ford was always going to leave then they needed to replace both him and Flood with comparable players, which they have failed to do.

If I was a Leicester fan I would be seriously worried about the direction the club is going in, when your top players start moving to your rivals then you know you're in trouble.

Latest posts