Leicester v Leinster

A

An Tarbh

<div align="center">
Leicester.png
Leicester v Leinster
Leinster.png
</div>

So Leinster travel to Welford Road requiring an absolute miracle to qualify, they're capable of getting the win but whether Edinburgh can break their French duck leaves me highly doubtful in spite of their recent excellent form.

There's plenty of changes on the Leicester side, naturally enough since they can't qualify while Leinster make 2 changes and rather dissappointingly Chris Keane is dropped for Guy Easterby after impressing against Toulouse, not sure what to make of that.

So who will take the spoils then???

Leicester: Geordan Murphy; Johne Murphy, Ollie Smith, Seru Rabeni, Tom Varndell; Andy Goode, Frank Murphy; Martin Castrogiovanni; Benjamin Kayser, Julian White, Louis Deacon, Marco Wentzel, Brett Deacon, Ben Herring, Jordan Crane.
Replacements: George Chuter, Marcos Ayerza, Dave Young, Ben Kay, Ben Youngs, Ian Humphreys, Ayoola Erinle.

Leinster: Girvan Dempsey; Luke Fitzgerald, Brian O'Driscoll (capt), Gordon D'Arcy, Rob Kearney; Felipe Contepomi, Guy Easterby; Stan Wright, Bernard Jackman, Stephen Knoop, Leo Cullen, Malcolm O'Kelly, Stephen Keogh, Shane Jennings, Jamie Heaslip.
Replacements: Ollie le Roux, Cian Healy, Cameron Jowitt, Keith Gleeson, Chris Keane, Jonathan Sexton, Brian Blaney/Gary Brown

Leinster have to go for it, whatever the expectations about Edinburgh.

No doubt their backline will be fizzing, and even Kearney might take confidence from his Ireland selection. He's got to get his kicking sorted - if he screws that up like last week, then Leicester will win.

Hopefully Heaslip will truly shine this week (no, don't stone me for casting doubt). The real conundrum is in the front row: they've chosen not to put Healy in from the start (which one would chew him up - CastroG or White?), but if the pack survives the first half, he may help Leinster run riot.

Lots of tries in a Leinster miracle match!

2 moments of madness from White and Goode, completely unnecessary with Leicester in complete control of the game.

Easterby's passing is killing Leinster, 3 times in the lead up to Goode's sinbinning his slow/poor passing lost Leinster all momentum.

Nice battle in the pack.

To be pretty blunt guys, reading the BBC's live text I thought for a momment that Leinster had, in a fit of genius, kidnapped the Saracens XV and flew them to Welford road!

Seriously guys, what a total fiasco for you guys.

Well, I was spot on in my prediction.

Fair dues to Leicester's defence - Leinster backs were pretty good in attack, but I have to agree over the scrum half. Mind you, the replacement was fairly good.

If he'd connected with the chin O'Kelly would have been in trouble - probably caught him on the cheek.

Quite a predictable score really, similar to what Leinster won by at home. In the end neither of these sides have deserved to go through.

Rambeni had a good match, good to see him fit and is definately becoming better at centre as he's usually wasted on the wing. Will Greenwood on commentary absolutely bummed him all game, which got a bit annoying. Typical result really at welford road and Julian White's madness gave the game a little more spice, Goode trying to get in on the act. lovely stuff.

Nothing to play for but it was a good match all the same. A couple of moments could have changed the match but I dont think anyone really cares at this stage :) If you ask me White should have seen a straight red. That was assault. The other one was LeRoux's missed pass to Kearney. He had three players to pick out for an easy run under the post and he flung it over their heads and into touch. That would have made it a 2 point game with plenty of time to play. Could have spices up the match for a decent finish but it just fizzled out.

Quite a predictable score really, similar to what Leinster won by at home. In the end neither of these sides have deserved to go through. [/b]
Yeah thats it really. Spot on.

If he'd connected with the chin O'Kelly would have been in trouble - probably caught him on the cheek. [/b]

You see, i can't help but think that Julian White should be in more trouble after his sparring session.
The guys seem to throw about 5 punches excluding the one that was right in front of the referee...i'm not entirely sure what O'Kelly did to deserve that. I think he was just being a pain in the arse...which is his bloody job. I was personally calling for a red card - cheap shots throughout.

And goode was also lucky that brian didn't rip his head off in return for that high tackle. It may have been accidental, but it was stupidly sloppy.

You forget how much you hate a certain team until you see them play at their despicable selves once again.

<div class='quotemain'> If he'd connected with the chin O'Kelly would have been in trouble - probably caught him on the cheek. [/b]

You see, i can't help but think that Julian White should be in more trouble after his sparring session.
The guys seem to throw about 5 punches excluding the one that was right in front of the referee...i'm not entirely sure what O'Kelly did to deserve that. I think he was just being a pain in the arse...which is his bloody job. I was personally calling for a red card - cheap shots throughout.

And goode was also lucky that brian didn't rip his head off in return for that high tackle. It may have been accidental, but it was stupidly sloppy.

You forget how much you hate a certain team until you see them play at their despicable selves once again.
[/b][/quote]

Hate is a strong word.

goode's tackle was poor, but not the worst i've seen and certainly not malicious. White appeared to be responding to hands around his groin area. Not condoning it but it may explain why he lost it big time.

Latest posts