Leinster debt shock

Discussion in 'Guinness Pro12' started by snoopy snoopy dog dog, May 27, 2010.

1. snoopy snoopy dog dog

snoopy snoopy dog dog Senior Member

Club or Nation:

Leinster

It's far from ideal but the situation is perfectly manageable. High earners like Mal O'Kelly, Girvan Dempsey, CJ van der Linde and Bernard Jackman are off the wage bill from next season. Lansdowne Road will almost certainly be filled a few times next season (I imagine the Ulster and Munster Magners League games will be held there and maybe a Heineken Cup match or two) bringing in added funds. The Magners League appears to be going free to air and the added exposure will bring more sponsorship. Leinster are still in a strong position.

Last edited: May 27, 2010
  2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. coonor

coonor Senior Member

Country Flag:

Ireland

Club or Nation:

Leinster

This is happening to many clubs in The British isles and I'm sure their make the money back. Anyway its a good investment aslong as the quality youths are coming through.

4. munstermuffin

munstermuffin Senior Member

Country Flag:

Ireland

Club or Nation:

Munster

Leinster will be ok as Snoop said they are off-loading high earners and have talent coming through

5. MunsterMan

MunsterMan Senior Member

Country Flag:

Ireland

Club or Nation:

Munster

Load of crap, only reason we are hearing about this is because of the Free to Air debate. Ticket sales for the Semi and Final should exceed the debt easily, and the increase in season tickets sold for next season will help no end as well. Hugh Farrelly showing he is an IRFU man through and through IMO.

6. munstermuffin

munstermuffin Senior Member

Country Flag:

Ireland

Club or Nation:

Munster

MunsterMan I think that is a perfect point too and well this free-to-air thing could get nasty but what I dont get is if the Government see it as a big part of everything why did they let the H'Cup rights go in first place and if Munster and Leinster are so important then why not get ML games also

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!