Leinster v Connacht

Discussion in 'Guinness Pro14' started by An Tarbh, Mar 23, 2010.

1. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

RTÉ Sport

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    Sounds as though Bradley is going to pick a less than first choice team. If Ta'auso, Ofisa and Muldoon are out, Connacht's options are limited. Perhaps it'll be a chance to give players like Eoin Griffin and Tiernan O'Halloran a run but I doubt Bradley will do so.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    Those are some select quotes from Michael Cheika ahead of this game. He's clearly going to give youth a chance while also hoping for some element of revenge for last season's loss in the Sportsground. If Hines and Berne don't make it, I'd like to see this team play:

R Kearney, Conway, O'Malley, McFadden, Nacewa, Sexton, Reddan; Wright, Strauss, Ross, Cullen, O'Kelly, Ruddock, Jennings, Ste Keogh. Subs: Fogarty, van der Linde, Toner, Ryan, O'Donohoe, Madigan, Dempsey

4. Connacht (squad v Leinster): Andrew Browne, Fionn Carr, Sean Cronin, Gavin Duffy, Adrian Flavin, Jamie Hagan, Ian Keatley, Keith Matthews, Mike McCarthy, Mike McComish, Robbie Morris, Frank Murphy, Troy Nathan, Miah Nikora, George Naoupu, Johnny O'Connor, Conor O'Loughlin, Michael Swift, Brian Tuohy, Bernie Upton, Brett Wilkinson, Aidan Wynne.

5. LEINSTER:

15: Rob Kearney
    14: Girvan Dempsey
    13: Fergus McFadden
    12: Shaun Berne
    11: Isa Nacewa
    10: Jonathan Sexton
    9: Eoin Reddan

1: Stan Wright
    2: John Fogarty
    3: Mike Ross
    4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN
    5: Malcolm O'Kelly
    6: Rhys Ruddock
    7: Shane Jennings
    8: Stephen Keogh

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Bernard Jackman
    17: CJ van der Linde
    18: Devin Toner
    19: Paul Ryan
    20: Paul O'Donohoe
    21: Eoin O'Malley
    22: Simon Keogh CONNACHT:

15: Gavin Duffy CAPTAIN
    14: Brian Tuohy
    13: Aidan Wynne
    12: Keith Matthews
    11: Fionn Carr
    10: Miah Nikora
    9: Frank Murphy

1: Brett Wilkinson
    2: Adrian Flavin
    3: Robbie Morris
    4: Mike McCarthy
    5: Bernie Upton
    6: Mike McComish
    7: Johnny O'Connor
    8. George Naoupu

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Sean Cronin
    17: Jamie Hagan
    18: Michael Swift
    19: Andrew Browne
    20: Conor O'Loughlin
    21: Ian Keatley
    22: Troy Nathan

6. feicarsinn

feicarsinn Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    Michael Bradley can hurry the hell up and get the f*** out of Connacht.

7. Flavin has supposedly been playing very well. Nikora on the other hand is cack. There's not much creativity in that Connacht backline with Keatley on the bench and Ta'auso out. Only Fionn Carr can provide something out of the ordinary.

8. Lads Connacht are really like Munster or Leinster were a few seasons ago and just getting used to knock-out European rugby (although they've been there before) and are just wrapping players up.

9. dangandan

dangandan Guest

hey everyone, dont usually post but thought id give it a try :) the mcfadden/omalley partnership has been goin pretty well and i wouldve liked to see that continue. shaune berne on the other hand has never really impressed me and age isnt on his side nor dempseys. a backline of reddan,sexton,nacewa,mcfadden,omalley,conway,kearney would have been nice against a weak connacht team!

10. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

age is irrelevant, it's about the here and nwo, fact is we could well be without O'Driscoll and D'Arcy for the quarter final, despite their protestations to the contrary, so Berne and McFadden are the next realstic option, especially with Fitzgerald on the sidelines as well.

11. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 27 2010, 08:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Yes and as is said age is irrelevant but experience is vital and Leinster can't afford to be throwing alot of young guys in together at such a big part of season.

12. Win this game and throwing young players in might be more of an option since qualifying for the semi final will be all but guaranteed. Anyway, in playing 19 year old Rhys Ruddock, Cheika is doing his bit.

Before the end of the season I think we'll see more gametime for Andrew Conway, Dave Kearney, Paul O'Donohoe, Ian Madigan and Dominic Ryan.

13. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Mar 27 2010, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Yeah I agree Ruddock in is good but they all will come through gradually.

But my point was more in terms of H'Cup in 2weeks and getting players back in after International duty, it's just not right time to be over-experiment.

14. King_D'Arcy

King_D'Arcy Guest

Does anyone know where I can watch this online?

15. durbutter

durbutter Guest

Feel for Connacht, they were excellent.

Keatly ballsed it up.

Carr is unreal.

Murphy is really good, as is Cronin.

Sexton has cohones, Keatly didnt.

16. Lads Carr really upped his stock value after tonight but was it just me or is Sexton becoming a bit of a worry at goal kicking.

Cronin should just keep going as he is and after next season i'm sure he'll be Munster's #2

17. feicarsinn

feicarsinn Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Mar 27 2010, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Cheers Captain Obvious, wouldn't have got that from the 6 nations. Did you also notice the ball was oval shaped?

18. MunsterMan

MunsterMan Guest

Thought Connacht were robbed tbh, bullshit decision to sin bin Keatley and Cullen should have seen a red card but the referee and TJ chose to ignore it.

19. durbutter

durbutter Guest

Big teams get the decisions, especially Munster and Leinster.

20. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Mar 27 2010, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    What did he do? I hate to come over all Arsene Wengerlike but I didn't see the incident.......genuinely. I did notice a spot of over zealous rucking at one point in the 2nd half but didn't see who it was.

21. MunsterMan

MunsterMan Guest

Cullen had a few stamps on a prone Connacht player, including one particularily bad one on the back of the knee. If it wasn't a ML game he would be facing a suspension no question. Ref rubbed salt in the wounds by binning Duffy for an alledged punch (replay showed there was none) in the same passage of play.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!