• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leinster v Connacht

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Mar 27 2010, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Mar 27 2010, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lads Carr really upped his stock value after tonight but was it just me or is Sexton becoming a bit of a worry at goal kicking.

Cronin should just keep going as he is and after next season i'm sure he'll be Munster's #2[/b]

Cheers Captain Obvious, wouldn't have got that from the 6 nations. Did you also notice the ball was oval shaped?
[/b][/quote]
Well before 6Nations he was slotting kicks for fun so my point Einstein would be why the MAJOR dip????

Although, in open play Sexton still showing he can be best in world IMO as a running 10.
Similar in ways to Carlos Spencer. (But Sexton can be a smashing kicker, it's just rediscovering his groove)

As for Cullen incident he did deserve punishment but honestly i don't know if it warrants suspension.
But MunsterMan, it doesn't matter that it a ML game he can be cited still. (although not sure he will be)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Mar 28 2010, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Mar 27 2010, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Mar 27 2010, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lads Carr really upped his stock value after tonight but was it just me or is Sexton becoming a bit of a worry at goal kicking.

Cronin should just keep going as he is and after next season i'm sure he'll be Munster's #2[/b]

Cheers Captain Obvious, wouldn't have got that from the 6 nations. Did you also notice the ball was oval shaped?
[/b][/quote]
Well before 6Nations he was slotting kicks for fun so my point Einstein would be why the MAJOR dip????

Although, in open play Sexton still showing he can be best in world IMO as a running 10.
Similar in ways to Carlos Spencer. (But Sexton can be a smashing kicker, it's just rediscovering his groove)

As for Cullen incident he did deserve punishment but honestly i don't know if it warrants suspension.
But MunsterMan, it doesn't matter that it a ML game he can be cited still. (although not sure he will be)
[/b][/quote]

best in the world is a bit farfetched. there are better running 10s in world rugby who don't make national sides.

Fionn Carr has now scored 7 of Connacht's 11 tries in the ML this season and about 4 in Europe too. If this man doesn't get capped in the summer it's an inditement against the conservative nature of Irish selection national team policy over the last decade.

read today that there's a rumour he could be off to Melbourne, wouldn't surprise me to see him leave, would be surprised if he ends up at Melbourne though, a Premiership club is the more likely option especially if he can put in a decent performance in the Bourgoin match.

Well you didn't say that did you? I can't see how you can take that point from your original statement.

ok not sure what point you're trying to make there but looking again at your orginal post, I don't think it's a shocking indictment of the conservative nature of Irish selections, cause it was shown in the Saxons match that while he's fine in attack his defence is woeful, so he should be nowhere near the international side given the other options we have.

ok not sure what point you're trying to make there but looking again at your orginal post, I don't think it's a shocking indictment of the conservative nature of Irish selections, cause it was shown in the Saxons match that while he's fine in attack his defence is woeful, so he should be nowhere near the international side given the other options we have.

Whoops, sorry Tarbh. That comment wan't aimed at your post, still trying to get to grips with the new forum.

I saw this in the Indo today:
"The thing about Leinster is that they don't have patience to let guys develop a little bit," said (Michael) Bradley, referring to Carr's time with the eastern province.
Leinster showed plenty of patience with Kevin McLaughlin who at 25 is only beginning to make an impact. Jonny Sexton was afforded the chance to develop behind Felipe Contepomi and David Holwell - it's only this season at the age of 24 that he's nailed down a first team place. Devin Toner is another example of a player who Leinster are being very patient with.

My guess is that Michael Cheika took the decision that Carr wasn't as good a long term bet as Luke Fitzgerald and wouldn't get much game time behind Fitzgerald, Shane Horgan and Isa Nacewa among others. Carr has benefitted more from his two seasons with Connacht than he would have by playing a bit part role with his home province.

Fionn Carr, Jamie Hagan, Ian Keatley and Felix Jones are the Leinster academy graduates who I was most disappointed to see leave. Their departure isn't due to Leinster not giving them a chance, rather they could further their careers better elsewhere. I don't expect Keatley, Carr or Jones to return to Leinster since there's a huge backlog of talented players in their positions. Hopefully Jamie Hagan will return at the end of the 2010/11 season and make the Leinster 3 shirt his own. He's progressing very nicely with Connacht frequently holding his own in scrums and could be Ireland's long term option at tighthead.

Whoops, sorry Tarbh. That comment wan't aimed at your post, still trying to get to grips with the new forum.

don't worry about, am getting a bit confused myself, threads popping up from 2 years ago and everything. Carry on.

Carr has far too much flair to play in England. France is more likely, although I'd love to see what a few years in Melbourne could do to improve him. I think he might also be the ML top try scorer at present?

Latest posts