Leinster v Glasgow

A

An Tarbh

<div align="center">
Leinster.png
Leinster v Glasgow
Glasgow.png
</div>

So the internationals are back for ML duty and Cheika has gone with a full choice pack for Glasgow tomorrow night. Leo Cullen is back to lead the side having missed the Connacht match. No BOD or D'Arse so Berne and Warner in the centre, pity Cheika didn't go with Sexton and put Dr Phil in the centre.

Glasgow have made 4 changes from the side which beat the Ospreys with Thom Evans in on the wing whilst Colin Gregor comes in for Dan Parks. Dougie Hall returns at hooker and Dan Turner comes in alongside Andy Newman in the second row for injured skipper Alastair Kellock.

So Leinster would ideally like a repeat of last year's bp win but will they get it against this Glasgow side???

Leinster: 15 Rob Kearney, 14 Shane Horgan, 13 Christian Warner, 12 Michael Berne, 11 Luke Fitzgerald, 10 Felipe Contepomi, 9 Chris Whitaker, 8 Jamie Heaslip, 7 Keith Gleeson, 6 Shane Jennings, 5 Malcolm O'Kelly, 4 Leo Cullen ©, 3 Stan Wright, 2 Bernard Jackman, 1 Ollie le Roux.
Replacements: 16 Brian Blaney, 17 Cian Healy/Stephen Knoop, 18 Trevor Hogan, 19 Stephen Keogh/Cameron Jowitt, 20 Chris Keane, 21 Jonathan Sexton, 22 Gary Brown.

Glasgow: 15 Bernardo Stortoni, 14 Lome Fa'atau, 13 Graeme Morrison, 12 Daryl Gibson ©, 11 Thom Evans, 10 Colin Gregor, 9 Sam Pinder, 8 Johnnie Beattie, 7 Donnie Macfadyen, 6 James Eddie, 5 Dan Turner, 4 Andy Newman, 3 Moray Low, 2 Dougie Hall, 1 Ed Kalman.
Replacements: 16 Eric Milligan 17 Justin Va'a 18 Opeta Palepoi 19 Richie Vernon 20 Ruaridh Jackson 21 Scott Barrow 22 Hefin O'Hare.

I would have liked to have seen a 10, 12, 13 combination of Sexton, Dr Phil and Luuuuuuuke but can't complain too much with the selection. I'm guessing that Sexton isn't fit enough to start after his long layoff which explains how Michael Berne gets the nod.

Hopefully Gregor can play well at stand-off like he has shown in centre earlier this season. Should be tight game i think, but with Glasgows away form i wouldnt bet on it.

Looking good for Leinster at half time, 17-6 ahead with Berne getting a try at half time, it does make me cringe when I see his name on the team sheet so tries that well timed certainly help me breath a little easier.

34-18 to Leinster. It was a good win with some real positives to be taken given the fact that the international contingent didn't return until Wednesday. Having said that, there's a lot to work on, especially in defense. Glasgow had too many line breaks for my liking.

Horgan's second was a beauty. Has to be Sexton at 10 and Contepomi at 12 next time.

That does seem to be the consensus, one I'm a firm believer of, I still think D'Arcy can offer something from wing or full back, plus we need a strong squad to take us on even further.

That does seem to be the consensus, one I'm a firm believer of, I still think D'Arcy can offer something from wing or full back, plus we need a strong squad to take us on even further. [/b]
If everybody is fit and on form then Contepomi, D'arcy and O'Driscoll is the best combination. However given the form of all the players at present, Contepomi and 12 with Sexton at 10 is the way to go. D'arcy (or Fitzgerald if D'arcy is shifted wide) could be lethal off the bench in the last 20-25 minutes.

Next season will be interesting with the internationals available for all bar 3 or so games. Cheika will mix and match the various combinations to a greater extent.

Latest posts