Leinster v London Irish

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Leinster.png
V
LondonIrish.png
</div>

Leinster have named their squad for their opener on Friday evening. As expected Stan Wright misses out but CJ van der Linde is finally back in the squad after his plethora of injuries.

Peter Richards has been suspended till Oct 12 following his red card at Sale so he won't travel with the squad.

Leinster: FORWARDS: Leo Cullen, John Fogarty, Cian Healy, Jamie Heaslip, Nathan Hines, Bernard Jackman, Shane Jennings, Stephen Keogh, Ronan McCormack, Kevin McLaughlin, Malcolm O'Kelly, Sean O'Brien, Mike Ross, Devin Toner, CJ van der Linde

BACKS: Shaun Berne, Gordon D'Arcy, Girvan Dempsey, Luke Fitzgerald, Shane Horgan, Chris Keane, Rob Kearney, Simon Keogh, Fergus McFadden, Isa Nacewa, Brian O'Driscoll, Eoin Reddan, Jonathan Sexton

London Irish: TBC

Looking forward to this one. The referee is a Frenchman, Romain Poite (who I think refereed some JWC games in 2008), and the TMO will be Jean-Christophe Gastou.

I expect this to be a close match, with Leinster coming through in the last minutes.

I disagree. If Irish continue in the same vain as they did against Sale, and Leinster as they did against Munster, there's only one conclusion to be had.

I wonder if the Leinster lads remember the pre-season match. London Irish brought a hole lot of ****le to that game and gave some of our academy boys a good bit of afters. In that game I thought their scrumhalf (name escapes me) and Steffan Armitage were pretty impressive.

The list of London Irish players missing is still big enough (Armitage, Richards, Ojo, Thompstone) while Leinster are without Wright but have Ross and VanDeLinde to come in.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Oct 6 2009, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I wonder if the Leinster lads remember the pre-season match. London Irish brought a hole lot of ****le to that game and gave some of our academy boys a good bit of afters. In that game I thought their scrumhalf (name escapes me) and Steffan Armitage were pretty impressive.

The list of London Irish players missing is still big enough (Armitage, Richards, Ojo, Thompstone) while Leinster are without Wright but have Ross and VanDeLinde to come in.[/b]
Think Leinster will win and dare i say it get a bonus point. Lads we dont realize it but ML is better than GP and there is a nice gap between 2.
Also L.Irish will miss experience of Richards and Armitage and pace of Ojo but still think Leinster backline is better man for man with the exception of Armitage > Nacewa at FB but Armitage been transformed in to a 13. Don't know why.

Expecting Leinster team to be similar to last week except Kearney and Ross/VanDeLinde in and Horgan and Wright out.

But seen Irish play Munster and read about Leinster game and this will be no comparison. They had full team out against academy and fringe players.
Lions and International player make a massive difference

Richards doesn't even start for Irish so he's hardly a loss.

Armitage has played at full back in both his starts this season.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 6 2009, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Richards doesn't even start for Irish so he's hardly a loss.

Armitage has played at full back in both his starts this season.[/b]
True but they were using him alot in centre last season and in some pre-season this year but Richards didn't start alot due to some bout of virus remember reading somewhere around time they played Munster in pre-season

So many games to look forward to this weekend. Think this and the Northampton game will be the most exciting though. Irish are really a team to look out for this season and even without Armitage they look awesome. Tagicakibau has been absurdly good so far this season - look at my attacking stats post and it'll prove it. Mapusua and Seveali'i are tremendous centres and Peter Hewat is a solid player. Paul Hodgson is in many peoples eyes the best English scrum half around and it will be very interesting to see how he copes with the european champions. Ryan Lamb is finding his feet again and the pack is looking dominant. Kennedy and Casey have the opportunity to put up a very good fight and the back row is pretty fiery too.

Can't wait for the weekend

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Oct 6 2009, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So many games to look forward to this weekend. Think this and the Northampton game will be the most exciting though. Irish are really a team to look out for this season and even without Armitage they look awesome. Tagicakibau has been absurdly good so far this season - look at my attacking stats post and it'll prove it. Mapusua and Seveali'i are tremendous centres and Peter Hewat is a solid player. Paul Hodgson is in many peoples eyes the best English scrum half around and it will be very interesting to see how he copes with the european champions. Ryan Lamb is finding his feet again and the pack is looking dominant. Kennedy and Casey have the opportunity to put up a very good fight and the back row is pretty fiery too.

Can't wait for the weekend[/b]
Sorry but I think Lamb isn't a player of H'Cup standard. But although I think it possible Leinster can get a BP win it may also be close game.
Battle of game - Cullen & Hines vs Casey & Kennedy. This could be where game won and lost.

Agree Hodgson is best scrum half in GP and very smart with ball but worry about Lamb as he up against Sexton who is showing he can be as good as the Carters and Wilkinsons if he keep learning and progressing.

Out of interest, are there any players in the world who you deem worth of gracing the same pitch of the clearly superior Irishmen?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Oct 6 2009, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Oct 6 2009, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry but I think Lamb isn't a player of H'Cup standard. But although I think it possible Leinster can get a BP win it may also be close game.
Battle of game - Cullen & Hines vs Casey & Kennedy. This could be where game won and lost.

Agree Hodgson is best scrum half in GP and very smart with ball but worry about Lamb as he up against Sexton who is showing he can be as good as the Carters and Wilkinsons if he keep learning and progressing.
[/b][/quote]

I think you're wrong about Lamb, he's looked far more composed than usual this season and i think Booth, Catt and co. have worked their magic. He's been very impressive indeed. With someone like Hodgson by his side to dictate the game he is really releasing the backs superbly. Some very awesome battles like you said - Lamb vs. Sexton may be closer than you think.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Oct 6 2009, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Oct 6 2009, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Oct 6 2009, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

I think you're wrong about Lamb, he's looked far more composed than usual this season and i think Booth, Catt and co. have worked their magic. He's been very impressive indeed. With someone like Hodgson by his side to dictate the game he is really releasing the backs superbly. Some very awesome battles like you said - Lamb vs. Sexton may be closer than you think.
[/b][/quote]
Well havent seen alot of Lamb this season only Highlights so hope you are wrong but if it Gloucester Lamb could be long night as Leinster have improved in last 12 months to destroy teams at the sniff of it

Lamb is a c***, but I like the way he plays, and the way he makes his team play. Will be Leinstered at the weekend sadly. The ferocity of Leinster's defence was unbelievable, and I don't see Lamb or London Irish standing up to it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Oct 6 2009, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Lamb is a c***, but I like the way he plays, and the way he makes his team play. Will be Leinstered at the weekend sadly. The ferocity of Leinster's defence was unbelievable, and I don't see Lamb or London Irish standing up to it.[/b]
You with me so.... I can really see Leinster putting possibly 40points up on L.Irish as I think the GP is so overrated and not an honest indicator of team but guess you can only beat what in front of you.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Oct 6 2009, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Oct 6 2009, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lamb is a c***, but I like the way he plays, and the way he makes his team play. Will be Leinstered at the weekend sadly. The ferocity of Leinster's defence was unbelievable, and I don't see Lamb or London Irish standing up to it.[/b]
You with me so.... I can really see Leinster putting possibly 40points up on L.Irish as I think the GP is so overrated and not an honest indicator of team but guess you can only beat what in front of you.
[/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Oct 6 2009, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Oct 6 2009, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Oct 6 2009, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[/b][/quote]
Well it's happened before Munster had form teams at time in Gloucester, Sale, Wasps all came and all left battered!
Leinster also had Wasps in RDS and got bonus point and Leinster are much better now.

Leicester were only exception but they exception as they are king-pins that are at higher level

See, you aren't fully transformed into the Munster of a few years ago yet. What you should have said is I'll take a 3-0 win ;)

6-5 all the way. Let them get the try to add a bit of glamour to the game.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Oct 6 2009, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
See, you aren't fully transformed into the Munster of a few years ago yet. What you should have said is I'll take a 3-0 win ;)[/b]

we're a greedier bunch!

Latest posts