• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leinster v Munster

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Leinster.png
Munster.png
</div>

Leinster have named their squad for the visit of Munster to the RDS with Brian O'Driscoll returning to action having missed out last weekend with a slight neck injury.

The game is obviously a sellout but given this game is live on Setanta 1 I wouldn't be surprised if the attendance is bigger than the ratings that Setanta 1 get.

Leinster Squad:

Forwards: Leo Cullen, John Fogarty, Cian Healy, Jamie Heaslip, Nathan Hines, Bernard Jackman, Shane Jennings, Stephen Keogh, Ronan McCormack, Kevin McLaughlin, Sean O'Brien, Malcolm O'Kelly, Mike Ross, Devin Toner, Stan Wright

Backs: Shaun Berne, Gordon D'Arcy, Girvan Dempsey, Luke Fitzgerald, Shane Horgan, Chris Keane, Rob Kearney, Simon Keogh, Fergus McFadden, Isa Nacewa, Brian O'Driscoll, Eoin Reddan, Jonathan Sexton.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/newsroom/3842.php

Michael Cheika's Leinster v Munster Preview...

Speaking ahead of Saturday's game in the RDS, Leinster coach MICHAEL CHEIKA said that the squad are excited about the challenge that this week's derby will bring... "We have a couple of (longer term) injuries, but Brian (O'Driscoll) has come back into the squad this week. CJ (van der Linde) was very borderline and I probably could have included him if I wanted to, but I think he has been out for a while and he's going to have to fight for his place back because the front-rowers are going quite well. We decided that it was best to give him another week to get his scrummaging right and make sure everything's all healed, but it's all going well for him. It's good that we have got good selection to choose from.

"He had his first full contact hit out today and we just want to do a bit more work on his scrummaging and then I think we'll be confident enough to let him back in.

"We would have liked Brian to play this weekend, but it's a long season and he has got enough experience now to play these kind of games fresh after a long break. He will have some rustiness, there's no doubt. We're not going to expect him to go out there and win the game on his own, but he'll get a good run-out in this fixture and he's going to be up against some quality opposition. And it will be very good for him to get his first start at a high level.

"There have been the most restrictions this year (in terms of international player access) and there has been a lot of juggling, but in saying that too, that's the nature of the squad. If we can build a core style that we're looking to play then we can get through that with a change here and a change there. The new players have really contributed a lot. Shaun Berne, Mike (Ross), Nathan Hines and Eoin Reddan have really made good contributions to the team and that has been really positive.

"In the team there's a lot of genuine positive feeling amongst the guys. This has been building up over time and there's a really strong dressing-room, which is the objective. It's almost like the dressing-room makes the coach's job obsolete. He doesn't have to motivate, he just makes a few tactics and they're motivating themselves and getting themselves up for games. When they're on the back-foot they get themselves out of trouble. We didn't play well last weekend but they got themselves out of trouble which is good. If you're patient and you work hard then the results will come.

"We went through a period last year when we couldn't score for a few weeks at Heineken Cup time, but when you have that experience behind you, you can say just keep doing the right things and keep looking for the right changes and try and be positive and that breakthrough will come.

"The two matches against Munster (and the three which can happen which are good!) are the highlights of your season. For me as a foreigner who has come to understand the rivalry, it's a real classic. You don't find these types of rivalries in many other places. What we have to is break the ***-for-tat nature of this encounter. They win and then we win, we win two and then they win two. If we want to be successful on Saturday then we'll need to break that cycle because I want us to be the team that's mentally angrier and wants to come back and win the match even though we won the last time. Last time means nothing."
[/b]

just a shame the coverage is so ****, won't even be radio commentary what with all the Lisbon coverage.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Sep 29 2009, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
just a shame the coverage is so ****, won't even be radio commentary what with all the Lisbon coverage.[/b]
An Tarbh did you notice also game is on Setanta 1 and not Setanta Ireland so thank god I travelling to RDS but like not many have Setanta 1 since they went bust alot got it out with Irish 1 been free and all and ESPN has Top 14 :)
But true like Lisbon or No Lisbon we still screwed either way but Leinster vs Munster that a whole bigger risk not even NAMA will sort out :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Sep 29 2009, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Fair play ye had our number but remember how quick things can change ;)

Possibly a good thing Croker happened because never again can we be complacent and the a Red Stag ready to awake B)

More of this :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfSkgzjCZ78...feature=related

Will BOD have the balls to take on JdV and the Mafro? I doubt it. From an Irish point of view, I hope he doesn't, we will need him for the AI's, we can't have him getting murdered in a match that Munster will win regardless.

Ahhh your probably right. I mean he's only the best 13 in the game at the moment. What chance would a schmuck like himself have against the quality of DeVilliers and Mafi.

Its not as if hes had any success against either of them in the past.

Glad BOD is back in action. I hope his game will be up to the level of the semi from last hcup, but he's been resting. We'll see. He definitely was on form in SA. I hope both teams with their big names back are firing on all cylinders.

I'm curious to see how the packs line up.

Munster welcome back Wallace, Flannery, O'Connell, Warwick, Dowling and Earls who would have played but for illness last week.

Munster Squad

Forwards: M Horan, J Hayes, T Buckley, D Fogarty, J Flannery, D O'Callaghan, M O'Driscoll, P O'Connell, D Ryan, D Leamy, N Ronan, D Wallace, N Williams, A Quinlan.

Backs: T O'Leary, T Morland, P Stringer, R O'Gara, P Warwick, J de Villiers, L Mafi, D Howlett, I Dowling, D Hurley, K Earls, F Jones.

Forwards: M Horan, J Hayes, T Buckley, D Fogarty, J Flannery, D O'Callaghan, M O'Driscoll, P O'Connell, D Ryan, D Leamy, N Ronan, D Wallace, N Williams, A Quinlan.

Backs: T O'Leary, T Morland, P Stringer, R O'Gara, P Warwick, J de Villiers, L Mafi, D Howlett, I Dowling, D Hurley, K Earls, F Jones.

:D

Nick Williams - 3 tries in 1 game
Leinster Rugby - 2 tries in 4 games

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd say he will, Quinlan/Leamy, Ronan and Williams with Wallace on the bench.

Oh and 2 > 1

Latest posts