• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leinster V Munster

Just sorting out my Ticket now. Gonna be a bit mad to be honest. My daughters 2nd Birthday party is on from 3pm - 5:30pm, so it will be a bit of a mad rush from there to the RDS but I should be there.

Havent a clue what the result is going to be. Of all the team that could give us a good thumping Munster would be top of the list, but I have a feeling that Leinster will want it just that little bit more.

My main concern would be the midfield pairings. With our first choice we'd be okay, without them we could struggle.

Just sorting out my Ticket now. Gonna be a bit mad to be honest. My daughters 2nd Birthday party is on from 3pm - 5:30pm, so it will be a bit of a mad rush from there to the RDS but I should be there.

Havent a clue what the result is going to be. Of all the team that could give us a good thumping Munster would be top of the list, but I have a feeling that Leinster will want it just that little bit more.

My main concern would be the midfield pairings. With our first choice we'd be okay, without them we could struggle.
[/b]

I doubt Munster care much for the Magners league anymore especially after the utter shafting they've taken with the Ulster game being rearranged only 2 days after the Sarries match.

I think Connacht will be most pisse doff about that, Will the IRFU ever give them a fair chance?

I think a lot of this comes down to the team we play. If I was picking the team ROG, Tipoki and Hayes would only play cameos and other than that we play the Glos team (Unless Horan is fit to start and obviously with Ronan at 7.) I wouldn't mind Stringer starting either as he deserves a chance.

I think Connacht will be most pisse doff about that, Will the IRFU ever give them a fair chance?
[/b]

Connacht really don't have any chance of picking up a European spot so I don't think that's much of an issue, besides Ulster have 4 home games remaining so it's hard to see them not finishing ahead of Connacht on those grounds. It's still only 4 days of a gap for Ulster so it's not ideal preparation for them either.

I think a lot of this comes down to the team we play. If I was picking the team ROG, Tipoki and Hayes would only play cameos and other than that we play the Glos team (Unless Horan is fit to start and obviously with Ronan at 7.) I wouldn't mind Stringer starting either as he deserves a chance.
[/b]

Well he's gone with the same 27 for the match but that says nothing about the team that'll be named, giving Ronan a start would be a good move, might give Wallace a kick up the arse as well, although I think the selections of Hurley and O'Leary dealt with that more than adequately as far as the whole team is concerned.

It sucks a bit that Munster won't be able to afford putting out a full side, kinda takes away from the competition, should be good though, theres always a bit of needle at Leinster v Munster games...

BOD is apparently very unlikely to feature in any capacity and Berne and Warner are apparently carrying injuries. Cheika claims he would have no qualms about starting O'Malley but I reckon that's highly unlikely.

Teams:

LEINSTER:

15: Girvan Dempsey
14: Shane Horgan
13: Luke Fitzgerald
12: Felipe Contepomi
11: Rob Kearney
10: Jonathan Sexton
9: Chris Whitaker

1: Ollie le Roux
2: Bernard Jackman
3: Stan Wright
4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN
5: Malcolm O’Kelly
6: Shane Jennings
7: Keith Gleeson
8: Jamie Heaslip

REPLACEMENTS FROM:

Brian Blaney, Cian Healy, Stephen Knoop, Trevor Hogan, Stephen Keogh, Chris Keane, Eoin O’Malley, Michael Berne, Gary Brown

MUNSTER:

15: Denis Hurley
14: Doug Howlett
13: Lifeimi Mafi
12: Rua Tipoki
11: Ian Dowling
10: Ronan O'Gara CAPTAIN
9: Peter Stringer

1: Tony Buckley
2: Jerry Flannery
3: John Hayes
4: Donncha O'Callaghan
5: Mick O'Driscoll
6: Alan Quinlan
7: Denis Leamy
8: Anthony Foley

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Frank Sheahan
17: Federico Pucciariello
18: Paul O'Connell
19: Niall Ronan
20: Tomas O'Leary
21: Paul Warwick
22: Kieran Lewis

Leinster's forwards certainly got the job done, yet again from the pack a quality performance, impressed again with Sexton, hopefully he'll get some game time in the Summer tests. Munster obviously have bigger fish to fry but given they were still in contention they didn't exactly lie down and surrender. Apparently the news on Stringer isn't too bad, although given how O'Leary played last week he should only be on the bench at Coventry, but nothing yet on O'Gara.

Congratulations. Not just a win over Munster but surely the league as well. :bravo:

Interesting that Setanta paid for Chris White to ref the mach (and he let Le Roux away with murder IMO)

Hopefully Munsters long list of injuries will be OK.

Congratulations. Not just a win over Munster but surely the league as well. :bravo:

Interesting that Setanta paid for Chris White to ref the mach (and he let Le Roux away with murder IMO)

Hopefully Munsters long list of injuries will be OK.
[/b]

You conveniently leave out the fact that he did the same with Hayes, pinged him once when he could well have pinged him 3 or 4 times for the exact same offence. Certainly wasn't impressed with White but that's nothing new

Good result for Leinster, although, frankly, I was disgusted by the behaviour of some of the Munster fans, I have a lot of respect for Munster rugby and its great traditions, and I love the fact that Munster fans are some of the best travelling supporters in the world, but this evening some of the fans behaviour was pathetic, a bit of needle is ok, but a bunch of grown men shouting at everyone, even telling a bunch of kids who couldn't have been more then 8 or 9 to 'f**k off' when they were cheering for their team is pathetic and embarassing. Poor show.

Like you said Hayes got pinged once but Le Roux got pinged more than four times at least for the same offence and no card. Not trying to take anything away from Leinster though. Good win. Sexton and Hurley both looked good and depending on how the rest of the season goes they could be in with a shout for a spot in the summer tour.

White was poor, no doubt about that, nothing against the 2 props for playing the ref, I can see why he didn't card as they were both as thick as thieves but elsewhere O'Callaghan must have conceded 4 penalties and nothing doing for him, Leamy, Buckley and Heaslip also lucky not to have ended up in the bin and given what he didn't give I felt the card he gave was soft, he missed too many things for both sides, just too inconsistent a ref for my liking. Stick with the Premiership.

Our forward pack was awesome against munster......it annoys me that munster does not put its full side out i mean if that was heineken cup we would of got alot more stiffer test.

Excellent kicking by felipe.

Our forward pack was awesome against munster......it annoys me that munster does not put its full side out i mean if that was heineken cup we would of got alot more stiffer test.

[/b]

That was as full strength a side as Munster could put out

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

That was as full strength a side as Munster could put out [/b][/quote]

I see i thought that once again magners league was being shafted because of some teams pre-occupation with the heineken cup. <_<

Latest posts