An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Leinster.png
Ospreys.png

Leinster v Ospreys
Venue: RDS, Friday, 19 September 2008
Kickoff: 19:35, Live - Setanta/BBCw
</div>

It's certainly a tasty affair in prospect at the RDS this Friday with the Ospreys riding high after 3 wins and Leinster coming in on the back of their comprehensive win last weekend.

It's important for both sides to continue their momentum as the countdown to the start of the Heineken Cup is underway. The Ospreys will be looking for their first win in Dublin since 2005 while Leinster will be looking to maintain their recent record against the Ospreys having won 4 out of the last 5.

Tough one to call with 2 quality sides but will home advantage prove enough for Leinster???

Leinster: G Dempsey; S Horgan, B O'Driscoll, F Contepomi, L Fitzgerald; I Nacewa, C Whitaker; R McCormac, B Jackman, S Wright, L Cullen, capt, D Toner, C Jowett, S O'Brien, J Heaslip.
Replacements: C Healy, J Fogarty, M O'Kelly, S Keogh, S Jennings, C Keane, R Kearney.

Ospreys: Byrne; Bowe, Parker, A Bishop, Walker; Hook, Webb; D Jones, H Bennett, A Jones, AW Jones, I Evans, J Thomas, R Jones, Tandy.
Replacements: Shervington, P James, Gough, Tiatia, Wells, Biggar, Vaughton.

Final score - Leinster 19-13 Ospreys

How did the Ospreys let that game slip, they dominated Leinster throughout the majority of the game which should have translated into their fourth win of the season. I suppose credit has to go out to Leinster for an allmighty defensive effort and their backrow were superb ruck time, winning 16 turnovers.

The Ospreys are clearly missing Henson, neither of the Bishop brothers are quite up to scratch, lacking the attacking threat needed to break down the dogged Leinster defence. On a number of occasions Hook was left to create the magic all on his own in the three quarter line, which clearly took it's toll in the closing stages where he looked out on his feet. Fair play though, he still has a big hand in the last minute O's try which snatched a losing bonus point.

Anyone know where Hollah is? didn't realise he was injured, and Tandy was nowhere today!

Enjoyed that. A real close game.

Ospreys were fairly dominant, and retained possession early on but Leinsters defense was again fantastic. Just either side of half time the Ospreys had the opportunity to score with concerted pressure on the Leinster line. Both times they went away with nothing.

Thought Leinster deserved it for that alone, but I have to say we were worried for a good part of the game. It could have gone either way.

It was an excellent game and was a real good advert for what the magners league is all about when the best teams put out strong sides.When the ospreys failed to take their chances when they were camped on Leinsters line a couple of times,i think the writting was on the wall then for them,as Leinsters backline had more of a cutting edge.Gavin Henson was definetley missed as it was just crying out for him to take it up the middle a few times.I thought the two centres for the ospreys were maybe out of their depth.I not sure where Hollah was for this game but they have shuffled their team around for the first three games giving almost all of their squad a game or two.I was glad to see Jonathan Thomas make his first start of the season.The Blues and the Ospreys have both let Leinster off the hook though in my opinion,they were certainly there for the taking in both games,but well done to the irish side for dogging out the results.

Nacewa breaking his arm is a huge blow for Leinster, I know there's cover there but he really was looking the business and will be a huge loss.

Yeah he certainly was looking the business, but there is a silver lining.

I dont think Sexton is a bad player and we were all ready to take a look at him this year and see what he has to offer. Now's his chance. If that doesnt work out, the doc can move inside and Fitzgerald can move to centre.

Either way we'll be alright

Latest posts