Leinster v Ospreys

A

An Tarbh

<div align="center">
Leinster.png
Leinster v Ospreys
Ospreys.png
</div>

Brian O'Driscoll returns to the Leinster squad having missed the Stephen's day match with Ulster due to an ankle injury. Trevor Hogan is also back in the squad following injury. Ollie Le Roux will miss out having injured a rib against Ulster although Cian Healy again impressed in the Stephen's day fixture when he came on.

Sonny Parker and Barry Williams remain on the casualty list for the Ospreys and have been joined by Andrew Bishop (thumb), while Mark Taylor is also carrying a knock. However they're looking to have Henson and Hibbard back after they missed out against the Blues.

Tough one to call here, given their home record Leinster should get the win but it's a step up in class against the Ospreys from Ulster, who'll be looking for a big win before they take on Gloucester next weekend.

Yeah, you just never know with Leinster. We finally have a pack, but the backs seem to have forgotten what they are meant to do. Home field advantage is enough for me to predict a Leinster win, but you just never know.

As for the Osprey's, well they are a totally different animal here then they are in the HEC. Here's hoping the continue to sleep through the Magners league season.

Great to see Hogan back though. Cullen and big Mal are doing well, but the more competition in there the better. I hadnt seen anything of Healy before the Ulster game and fisrt impressions were that he was way too small (they always look bigger on TV). Then I checked the program and saw he was 6ft 1'. Anyway, looks very mobile and fairly powerful. Good to see another young prop coming through (with Buckley in Munster) and getting game time.

Only real concerns of mine are Fitzgerald and Easterby. I think most Leinster fans are agreed on the Easterby issue but with Fitzgerald, I just dont think he's got the balls for the professional game. Everytime Ive seen him live, I've seen some cringeworth attempts at tackles, a lot of half hearted chases, and **** all true pace. I know he's young, but so far I aint seeing any return on the hype.

Healy is a strong f***er though, think he benches the most out of the Leinster squad as well. He certainly stood out at school boy level and does seem to be making the transition nicely

I'm prepared to give Fitzgerald some time, plenty of people were saying the same about Kearney a year or 2 back but he's come on brilliantly, same could happen with Fitzgerald with some guidance from Knoxy.

I'd like to see Cheika make a big call in backline selection this week. Leinster's best performances in recent weeks have been with Sexton at 10 and Dr Phil at 12. Given D'arcy's poor form, it would be the right decision (though a brave one) for him to make way and allow Sexton a start. Move D'arcy to Shane Horgan's role on the wing until he recovers his best form. Hopefully Cian Healy will be given a chance to impress in place of Le Roux. It was interesting to note Cheika flirting with the idea of moving the Springbok to hooker with Healy at loosehead (to give Jackman a breather) in his press conference for the coming game.

Leinster to win by less than 10 but it won't be easy.

I'd like to see Cheika make a big call in backline selection this week. Leinster's best performances in recent weeks have been with Sexton at 10 and Dr Phil at 12. Given D'arcy's poor form, it would be the right decision (though a brave one) for him to make way and allow Sexton a start. [/b]
I agree with Sexton at 10. I like the lad, and i'm happy to see him get more and more game time. Not sure if it will fix anything though. We had Sexton and the Doc at 10 and 12 against one of the worst Ulster teams in recent history, and they only scored two tries. D'arcy aint playing well but there is more to it then just that.

If hes going to make a tough call, its got to be Easterby back on the bench. Put in one of the kids again, someone who can get the ball into Sexton's hands quicker. THAT would make a bit of a difference in my eyes.

Relatively facile victory in the end but the Ospreys could have easily come away with a bonus point at the end, dominant in posession but not reflective on the scoreboard, still though it's 5 points so job done and a big weekend for Leinster with the other results.

Backrow again hugely impressive, as was Keane and O'Driscoll looked in decent nick following his return from injury.

Ospreys fielding a very weak side for this unfortunately 12 players missing, thought theyd give henson some game time before the gloucester game. should be a stroll for leinster

link to supposed team:
http://www.thisissouthwales.com/displayNod...;pNodeId=161383
[/b]
How people continuously blame the Irish for the low-level quality of this league is beyond me when even the Welsh regions do so. Of course, they have more important matches to be played, but the 13,000 how went to see Irish province struggle against this, nearly, 3rd strength team must have been fuming. If the Irish took this league seriously, Munster would be winning it every year (bar last year).

Let's be honest here, I don't think many of the 13000 gave a **** about who was playing for the Ospreys, when you hear commentators spouting tripe like they're here to see Marshall and Hook not X and Y or whoever started for the Ospreys, it really makes me cringe, they're there to see Leinster, to see our players. The majority of the crowd would have been a lot more interested to see how O'Driscoll did on his comeback, how the partnership in the centre with Dr Phil would work with Sexton starting at 10. Maybe some supporters do care but I doubt it.

Let's be honest here, I don't think many of the 13000 gave a **** about who was playing for the Ospreys, when you hear commentators spouting tripe like they're here to see Marshall and Hook not X and Y or whoever started for the Ospreys, it really makes me cringe, they're there to see Leinster, to see our players. The majority of the crowd would have been a lot more interested to see how O'Driscoll did on his comeback, how the partnership in the centre with Dr Phil would work with Sexton starting at 10. Maybe some supporters do care but I doubt it. [/b]
Absolutely spot on. The fact that the Ospreys brought a 2nd string didn't bother me. I was concerned with how Leinster performed and not the fact that the Ospreys were resting players/rotating their squad (delete as appropriate).

Latest posts