Leinster.png
Versus%20H-Cup.png
Saracens.png

Leinster v Saracens
Royal Dublin Society
Dublin, Ireland
Sat Jan 15 2011
at 13:30 (local)​

We had better bloody win this one. It'd be typical Leinster to go out and balls this up. There are doubts over the fitness of Jamie Heaslip and with the 6N so close I'd probably not want to see him risked if he's not good to go. A backrow of McLaughlin/Ryan, Jennings and O'Brien would still be fairly monster.

saracens aren't in great form atm, leinster should take this. would be nice to throw a spanner in the works tho!

I think we can get a BP if they play well Sarries are on a 4 losing streak or something like that and I don't think they break it in the RDS.

Leinster are going to win by 100 points, according my friend who supports London Irish. Being a Saracens fan, I don't agree with that, obviously. I think the Sarries will get a narrowest of wins, but being the wimp that I am, I'm worried that players like Jonathan Sexton and Isa Nacewa could easily push us aside!

I think we can get a BP if they play well Sarries are on a 4 losing streak or something like that and I don't think they break it in the RDS.

we won our last games in both the Prem and the HC. Not London Irish.

Having said that, we haven't played well since beating Racing. We were average against quins and won, awful against wasps and won, awful against sale and lost, and awful against irish but still won.

Bonus point definitely there for Leinster given our suspect defence, but of all the Premiership there's no one better at grinding out results than us.

We weren't exactly amazing against the Ospreys on the weekend it must be said. I do fancy us for the win but we never do all that well with Mr. Poite policing the breakdown, just look at the LI game a few years back. If we can win the battle up front, which we should, we'll have no problems. Well, as long as Sexton keeps up his impressive kicking form.

Sarries are not really the top team in this pool so leinster should be able to win

Henson has been named as Sarries replacement for their HEC team (replacing Hougaard)

Heaslip to (literally) break him

Jamie Heaslip has been tweeting that he's out of the game. Sean O'Brien will probably move to 8. 6 is between Kevin McLaughlin, Dominic Ryan and Rhys Ruddock.

Jamie Heaslip has been tweeting that he's out of the game. Sean O'Brien will probably move to 8. 6 is between Kevin McLaughlin, Dominic Ryan and Rhys Ruddock.

Thanks for posting that. I keep a notebook about Saracens' matches so that is helpful

If you want to see Henson broken you better hope that Ryan gets picked.

Me too he was no.1 choice last year and was very good for most of it.

Going to go against what everybody else have said and go for a Gavin Henson inspired Sarries win. This is one of Hensons last chances to make an impression and get picked for Wales' Six Nations squad so I'm hoping he'll really go for it and put in a good performance. I know Sarries aren't in their best form but they're still 2nd in the Premiership which isn't bad for an out of form team.

there wont be much in this one sarries have had a few good wins in the premiership but not by very big margins. I think leinster will win this one

LEINSTER:

15: Isa Nacewa
14: Shane Horgan
13: Brian O’Driscoll
12: Gordon D’Arcy
11: Fergus McFadden
10: Jonathan Sexton
9: Eoin Reddan

1: Cian Healy
2: Richardt Strauss
3: Mike Ross
4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN
5: Nathan Hines
6: Dominic Ryan
7: Shane Jennings
8: Sean O'Brien

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Jason Harris-Wright
17: Heinke van der Merwe
18: Clint Newland
19: Devin Toner
20: Kevin McLaughlin
21: Isaac Boss
22: Ian Madigan
23: Luke Fitzgerald

Good to see that their not trying to rush Jamie and Luke back. Team looks strong enough should be able to win this. Glad to see Ryan for the same reason I don't want any other player's to get injured because of being rushed back. Also Ryan can break Henson for olyy.:D

Any Leinster fans think Ruddock may be thinking it's time to move on. Like I not saying he is unfairly been left out but he is very talented and while he is young the lads in front of him are young too

Latest posts