• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leinster v Scarlets

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Leinster.png
Scarlets.png

Leinster v Scarlets</div>

Leinster have named a pretty full strength side for the visit of the Scarlets with Rocky Elsom the only man to miss out, no fairwell performance for the fans than from Rocky.

Still no sign of Kearney for Leinster, so if he doesn't start away to the Dragons next week he may well miss out against Leicester in Murrayfield.

Stephen Jones returns for the Scarlets who may sense an upset is on the cards given Leinster's failure to back up impressive performances in Europe with a win in the following league fixture. It would do their HEC qualification chances no harm either.

I'd expect a home win given the strength of the Leinster side but you can never be too sure following a European win.

Going to be a sellout again tonight I think, or damn close to one.

Should be good to see the Doc off to Toulon, and say cheerio to the team for the next two weeks.

Looks like I'll be heading to edinburgh so I should see them again there.

7 tries sounds like a decent run out for Leinster, however not a huge amount to take forward into the final given how poor the Scarlets have been this season and tonight sounds like no exception.

Is it me or does Nigel Davies get oranger by the day? He's starting to resemble an Uumpa Luumpa.

Shaggy for the Lions! The hunger is back. And Dempsey turning up in exactly the right place as usual. The good old days.

Two Welsh regions thrashed by Irish provinces in the last month. Sumting not right.

was there anything announced about Rocky leaving, presumably there was something for Dr Phil as well?

Wasnt a bad game. A little under 12,000 turned up and we had a good run out throwing the ball around from everywhere.

Scarlets, aside from S Jones didnt want to be there after 30 mins or so, and their tackling outside was non existent. Every single Leinster move off phase one seemed to gain yards and in the end it was 7's rugby. A good training, nothing more, and thank god there were no injuries (I think).

The Doc got his send off alright (have to say I felt sad to see him go) but not a whisper on Rocky. We wont hear that until after the final.

The Scarlets made that easy for Leinster, though Leinsters confidence shone through for all to see. I'm not sure which type of defensive system the scarlets are using. The seem to go up, commit to the guy with the ball then hesitate while the ball get's passed, then they can no longer drift to cut out the move by pushing it into touch.

Somethings despirately wrong down there, and it needs sorting out quickly, an experienced coach wouldn't go a miss (Don't rate Nigel atall). Anyway, anyone else really impressed with Josh Turnball again? Thought he was very good in a decidedly average pack.

Latest posts